Highlighted

Contrast Shift on exported footage, but not seen in footage under Element Graphics

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

When I export my footage, the contrast seems to increase compared to the workspace in Premiere. However, footage under when text is showing or motion graphics is transitioning doesn't have that changed contrast (thus the contrast noticiably jumps on the exported video). I've attached frames showing what I'm talking about (while there's the element graphic (black triangle bottom right) and after). Notice the change in the face.

Any ideas of what's going on?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Contrast Shift on exported footage, but not seen in footage under Element Graphics

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

When I export my footage, the contrast seems to increase compared to the workspace in Premiere. However, footage under when text is showing or motion graphics is transitioning doesn't have that changed contrast (thus the contrast noticiably jumps on the exported video). I've attached frames showing what I'm talking about (while there's the element graphic (black triangle bottom right) and after). Notice the change in the face.

Any ideas of what's going on?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

I didn't look at your pictures becausee I'd have to download them. Embed them as per above. Also, they have the name 'element' in them and you used it above, are you looking for help with Premiere Elements? This is Premiere Pro here...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wo_elementgraphic.JPGw_elementgraphic.JPG

I've re-added them here. This is Premiere Pro CC. I meant to say "Essential Graphics" not element. My bad.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for not changing my original post; I can't seem to edit my post or change the title (or even delete posts...)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're different frames of course. One appears to be a bit zoomed in, is it scaled? How are you viewing the difference? Import back into PP and view them both there. 

Also, Win or Mac, any other hardware specs. What's the footage, anything to give us a clue.

R Neil Haugen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

breakingwind.mp4.00_00_18_02.Still001.jpg

breakingwind.mp4.00_00_18_16.Still002.jpgbreakingwind.mp4.00_00_18_17.Still003.jpgI reimported the exported video into Premiere and just saved frames off of the imported video (I did not put this into a new sequence). First two frames are from the motion graphic animation, and the last frame is once the motion graphic clip is finished. I also notice the same contrast shift with text as seen below (two sequential frames).breakingwind.mp4.00_01_17_18.Still004.jpgbreakingwind.mp4.00_01_17_19.Still005.jpg

Using Windows 10, most recent Premiere update. GPU GTX 1070. Footage shot on a Nikon Z50, standard color profile and .mov file type.

I did some searching and I know that depending on hardware config, the preview in Premiere can look different than the exported footage, but the fact that I'm getting these contrast switches within the same video is quite jarring.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exported footage is H.264, preset Match Source High bitrate. Nothing changed beyond that. When I played the sequence before exporting, I don't see the contrast shift. Here's the same frame as the 3rd frame above, before exporting. Sequence 01.00_00_18_17.Still001.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0
Dave So LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the video. First example of the issue can be seen at 0:18. I know YouTube compresses, but this is the same thing that I'm seeing from the MP4

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0