• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert 360 degree video to 180 degree video

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have an Insta360 One X 360 degree camera and wanted to know if there was a way in Premiere Pro that I can conver that to just a 180 degree video ?

Sometimes I'll mount the camera to a headband and only need th video captured by the front camera in my video (and not the back half).  So is there any way to convert it to a normal video perspective?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is possible with After Effects.

• (procedure)
    Select the panorama image layer and execute “VR Comp Editor.jsx” from the Window menu.
    If a warning appears on the screen, check the “Allow Scripts to Write ...” Preferences.
    Execute “Add 2D Edit” in VR Comp Editor panel.
    A camera layer is created in the composition, so change the zoom or rotate the camera to get the desired image.

ae101.jpgae102.jpg

Another method is to use a plug-in.
Although it is Mac only, "dashwood 360 toolbox" can be used for free.
Paid plug-ins include RE: VIsion's RE: Lens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Havent tryed but I would create a sequence that includes VR properties

then  change  the settings - New Sequence Settings > VR Properties, and then specify the VR settings. its under VR roperties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK thanks everyone for the ideas.  I'll look into them.  I just want to try to use the Insta360 for both 360 and regular video so I DON'T have to get a second action camera...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines