• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converted Portrait to Landscape Clip Not Dragging to Timeline

Participant ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for asking what I'm sure is a fairly basic question in Pr v14.0. I accidentally created a few Portrait format clips for a project that is largely Landscape format. I have converted the Portrait clips to Landscape by creating a new sequence and setting custom width and height parameters. The converted clips work well. 
My problem is that, although I can see the sequence with the converted format in the Project Bin, it won't drag to the timeline. I'm sure that there's something very basic that I'm missing, but I'm not sure what.
All suggestions are welcome.
Stephen

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Instead of trying to convert the clip via a Nested sequence, please drag the clip to the timeline and use the Effects Panel to adjust its parameters: e.g. use Scale and Position to place it correctly. There is no need to for Nesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot of what you want to do.

unknow files.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made you a video but I'm not able to share it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload it to YouTube or Vimeo as a private video and share the link here, so we can see...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I get the following message: "This item may not exist..."

Please upload it to YouTube/Vimeo as a private video...

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry About that. This should work. It's the first video from the top called Pr Sequence Question.

https://thesnappysnapper.blogspot.com/2021/02/pr-sequence-question.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're saying that you can see your sequence with converted format in the Project panel but you can't drag it to the Timeline. Why do you want to drag it into the Timeline? Do you want to nest it inside another sequence?

If you double-click on it, does it open?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to drag it to the timeline so that I can include it in the project I am creating, which includes other sequences and clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The typical behavior of PPro is that you cannot place a sequence inside another sequence. That process, however, can be achieved through Nesting.

Hope this link will help you further: https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/visual-effects-workflow-final-cut-pro-x/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when you try to drag this sequence into another sequence in your Timeline, nothing happens?

What if you try to start dragging this sequence into Program Monitor? It should give you icons for different nesting/placing options

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thought, are you not trying to drag your sequence into the same sequence? Because you can't put the same sequence into itself. It won't work.

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That video link is inaccessible to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry About that. This should work. It's the first video from the top called Pr Sequence Question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, it may hlp you to see the video I made of the issue. This link works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot drag an empty sequence in an excisting sequence. Just scale the vertical image down to fit vertically  or scale it up to fit the screen horizontal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed from your video that you're trying to drag an empty sequence (Lightmeter seqeunce) into an existing sequence (river seqeunce). You can't drag an empty sequence into another sequence as there's nothing to add.

I'm guessing you're trying to combine all your vertical shots with horizontal ones so you could put all your vertical shots into one sequence, i.e. Lightmeter sequence, and then drag it into your River sequence.

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't realise that it was an empty sequence, and I'm not sure what that means, to be honest. I converted the clip from vertical to horizontal and I'm trying to add it to the other horizontal clips. But, I've now followed the advice from other members and just rescaled the vertical clip and moved it around in the frame for the best effect.
Thanks again for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of trying to convert the clip via a Nested sequence, please drag the clip to the timeline and use the Effects Panel to adjust its parameters: e.g. use Scale and Position to place it correctly. There is no need to for Nesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all the help with this and especially to those who replies were espeically polite and friendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines