Highlighted

Converting from Windows Photos (video) to Adobe Premiere Pro for Editing?

Explorer ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I am not able to figure something out and would like your help. My wife created a video on Windows 10 Photos app and needs more extra things added. I offered to use my Creative Cloud apps to help, but I can't figure out how to export the files with photos and videos to another application from Windows 10 Photos app. I have the entire suite, so if Premiere Pro isn't the way to go, then please help, if so, I just need help getting the parts and pieces over to the new app in order on the timeline. 

TOPICS
Export, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Converting from Windows Photos (video) to Adobe Premiere Pro for Editing?

Explorer ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I am not able to figure something out and would like your help. My wife created a video on Windows 10 Photos app and needs more extra things added. I offered to use my Creative Cloud apps to help, but I can't figure out how to export the files with photos and videos to another application from Windows 10 Photos app. I have the entire suite, so if Premiere Pro isn't the way to go, then please help, if so, I just need help getting the parts and pieces over to the new app in order on the timeline. 

TOPICS
Export, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the source files?

I have never heard of a Windows 10 Photos app... you can just browse whatever images are on your system and I would not know how you could create a video out of that, other than perhaps start an automated slideshow.

Are you a Mac user yourself?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 29, 2020 0
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file format was exported?

What exactly do you mean when you say "needs more extra things added"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 29, 2020 0
Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Microsoft Photos App appears to export as mp4. I did not see an alernative for format. You can choose "quality" - which just means what pixel size. HD export was about 2.5 Mbps. 

You don't want to start with that export. And I don't see any option to really take what she did and start from there. Sound/titles etc do not appear to be saved as separate files. 

So a) go into the Photos App and "help" there. Or b) import into a new PR project all the photos and videos she added to her Photos video project and go from there.

Stan 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 29, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying everything I decided that using iMovie was the best so I recreated the video in that. I couldn't convert the Windows Photo App file to anything. I'm not that skilled yet using Adobe Premiere Pro. I'm both an Apple and Windows user as I have always been since both began. It's just best to know and understand both. 🙂 

Thanks for helping, I wasn't looking to export, as I tried doing that and once I imported the file into Adobe Premiere Pro, I wasn't able to change the photos, transistions, and was just having sound issues. So I just recreated it on the MacBook Pro.

It was my wife's Windows laptop that was used to start / finish the video, but it wasn't how she wanted it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2020 0
Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know how you proceeded. 

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2020 1