Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting Titles to Captions

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I have recently subtitled a 2-hr long film with the title tool instead of the caption tool. When I embarked, I was unaware that the caption tool existed or that I could export a beautiful .srt file from it. Now I seek to convert all my titles to captions, and then convert a .srt file. 

I have tried to export .xml and .omf to convert to .srt with some freeware on the internet but all those have failed. 
If anyone has a solution to this, or has a freeware that is realiable I will greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That is an interesting question. As far as I know, it is not possible to convert the titles into captions. However, I'll research the issue at my end and see if there is any other workaround available in this situation.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be a great feature! Imagine not having to manually re-copy and paste dozens or hundreds of lines of text!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the public beta, available from the Beta tab in your Creative Cloud Desktop app. They've added some major new captions capabilities there, and this might be possible with that function. You can have any of the beta apps loaded alongside the current app, and actually work a project in one and the other and back.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not possible using PR only. It is possible for someone to create a script to do this (I think), but I don't think it has been done.

The Beta is a work in progress, and does not yet have the ability to export srt at all. And I'd be surprised if they have added a "convert regular graphics text" to caption text at the early stage.

Yes, it is a high priority as a feature to add. And since both functions will now live in the graphics text space (I think), it should be very possible.

Stan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add that feature soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Just wanted to follow up there any updates regarding converting titles to captions?

if yes, is there any tutorial on how to do it? 

Thank you 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone find out a way to convert Titles to captions I'm having to manually do it here as well

thanks for any info!

Ethan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've still not fopund anything on this. It seems like it should be straight forward!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an option found by right-click to convert to Motion Graphics or something like that.

it can convert text, some color and shapes, but not all. And you typically need to redo any animation as I recall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a way that is faster than copying all titles to subtitles:

1: In Premiere I saved a .txt file from Graphics -> Export to text file

2: I edited the .txt file - a) deleting every track info like "V5, 1" b) changing the "-" to "-->" c) adding numbers from 1 to number of lines of titles above each line

3: I saved the file as ".srt" - Line breaks = Windows (CRLF) and Encoding Unicode (UTF with BOM)

Lastly in Premiere Pro I created a subtitle track from the srt file - worked perfectly.

Here's an example of changing one line:

//---------------------------------------

TXT FILE:

00:00:44:01 - 00:00:49:12

V5, 1

This is a text.

SRT FILE AFTER EDITING:

00:00:44:01 --> 00:00:49:12

This is a text.

//---------------------------------------

I used BBedit on Mac which has a great find an replace option - but any text editor is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure how important the "Line breaks = Windows (CRLF) and Encoding Unicode (UTF with BOM)" is, maybe it's not crucial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used a similar workaround, but exported a CSV file from the graphics-tab. Using editingtools.io's converter I was able to convert the csv straight into a functioning srt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@heikkin17427706,

Nice tip. Which tool did you use? I don't see csv as an option for the subtitle converter; I do for translation.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines