• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and Paste issue inside timeline

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client who wants to watch while I edit her content so she can ask me to try numerous things. 

I have been copying and pasting to make it faster if she wants a certain word/font she likes the positioning of over a picture or video etc but sometimes the oddest thing keeps happening. If I copy and past the section - sometimes things that are deleted show up for a split second - like a phantom memory on the video? Am I doing something wrong here? There is nothing to delete - it makes no sense to me why it shows up on the copy and pasted section. 

In addition, there are sometimes / not always a few frames of black added to the beginning if I am looping the same footage. 

Any guidance appreciated. 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles. I see this issue with a recent edit I was working on. It migh be a bug.

I had a solid green rendered timeline, but I'd see "Media Offline" flashing after I made some trims. These were rendered, supposedly! They were still flash framing. I rendered again and the issue did subside. It's like the older preview files are still being referenced and that's not right. I'll see if I can reproduce the issue.

One question: which codec are you using for video previews in Sequence > Sequence Settings?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 1.40.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, looks like you have the stock settings. I use ProRes LT. My goal was to see if the codec was the thing causing the issue. Appears to be Premiere Pro. I'll try and reproduce the bug from my end. Appreciate your help.

Did rerendrering the preview files help at all?

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried deleting the sequence's render files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I do that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sequence > Delete render files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines