Highlighted

Copy dv tape to mac

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a JVC DV camcorder and need to copy the tapes to my iMac. It's a GR-DX100EK camera if that helps. I lost all the cables for it but have charging cable. What do I need to connect this to my iMac. 
Thank for your help.

[Typo in title edited by moderator]

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU, How to, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Copy dv tape to mac

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a JVC DV camcorder and need to copy the tapes to my iMac. It's a GR-DX100EK camera if that helps. I lost all the cables for it but have charging cable. What do I need to connect this to my iMac. 
Thank for your help.

[Typo in title edited by moderator]

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU, How to, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need Thunderbolt adapers and a Firewire 400 to 800 cable. I have heard the latest version of OS X will not dedect the Firwire port. The latest Windows update did not fair any better as seen in the video below.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy's correct. You need a thunderbolt to firewire adapter from Apple:

AppleTBolt2FW.jpg

And you need a firewire 400 to 800 adapter. Here's the one that works for me:

elago fw 400-800.jpg

You have to use iMovie to import the DV footage; Pr no longer recognizes FW input. Once you've captured the footage into iMovie, you can import the DV video files into Pr.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use a firwwire 400 to firewire 800 adapter or get a firewire 400 to firewire 800 cable. Simply getting the cable is easier and less expensive.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2020 0