• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy Project to External HD - Project Manager Seems Broken - PP 14.2.0

Participant ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to copy a few selected sequences and associated media from one HD to another. I've tried using Project Manager with every possible configuration of boxes checked and unchecked and get an "unknown error" each time. Project Manager cant even calculate the size of the project. This is a feature length project, so the sequences are large with a large number of media files. Adobe phone support has been no help whatsoever.

There is plenty of space on the target drive. 

Is there an alternate way to move media and a project file to a different drive? The target drive is large enough to store the entire project. While I only need two sequences, can I just clone the entire original drive and copy it over? 

There's got to be an effective way to move a project from one drive to another.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. You can copy the project file and the media files, put them on the other drive, and it's got everything there. Sequences don't actually take much space in a project file anyway. It's the media metadata and media use that take up most of the project file space.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines