• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying and pasting attributes in new text tool

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just trying to find a way to paste attributes from one text clip to multiple others. With the old tool I've have saved a preset style. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

To get running with the new EGP, which works very differently than we're all used to, I recommend watching some tutorials ...

First, by James Strawn, one of the actual engineers on the project ...

Essential Graphics in Premiere Pro CC 2017.1.1 on Vimeo

Then reTooled.net ...

reTooled.net – After Effects & Premiere Pro – April 2017- The Essential Graphics Panel in Depth

And also ...

The NEW Essential Graphics Panel in Premiere Pro CC 2017 (Spring Update) - YouTube

Between them, they seem to cover most

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

I found a quick and easy way to handle this. I ran into an issue myself where I added subtitles for a 2 minute piece, but didn't tweak the settings for drop shadow/color/etc. until AFTER I created them all (like a dummy).

What I found in CC2019, was that within the Essential Graphics panel there is a "Master Styles" section, and I was able to save a style there. It produced a Master Styles item in Project Folder.

I was then able to select all the text layers in my timeline, then I simple dragged

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get running with the new EGP, which works very differently than we're all used to, I recommend watching some tutorials ...

First, by James Strawn, one of the actual engineers on the project ...

Essential Graphics in Premiere Pro CC 2017.1.1 on Vimeo

Then reTooled.net ...

reTooled.net – After Effects & Premiere Pro – April 2017- The Essential Graphics Panel in Depth

And also ...

The NEW Essential Graphics Panel in Premiere Pro CC 2017 (Spring Update) - YouTube

Between them, they seem to cover most things.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil - I hadn't even SEEN the EG window...tutorials were very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, thanks for those links.  But I couldn't find in those videos what I am looking for.  Is there a way to copy and paste Essential Graphics parameters such as justify and position from one clip to another?

I have loads of titles on a video made with the new text tool.  They all have different text but are positioned in the same place on screen, justified right in lower right corner.  The client has asked that they all be moved to lower left corner.  If I try to do this from the Effect Controls window it doesn't work.  I have to justify left and position left in the Essential Graphics window.  But can I copy and paste those setting to another title.  At the moment I am changing each title manually which takes for ever when there are so many of them.

I should add I have tried creating a Master Style but that only changes the justification not the position.

Thanks,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sort of the same question. My impression when first using the Essential Graphics panel to make Master Styles was that Align and Transform properties were part of the style ...

masterStyles.png

Am I correct in now thinking only the Text and Appearance sections are saved/included in a Master Style?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ... that style thing is for type style & appearance.

It would be great to have paragraph styles also, and for that ... it's still the good ol' Feature request form ... and btw, like you, I'd rather look through a written like ... oh, manual type thing, you know? ... than watch video tuts.

Neil

Adobe Bug Report /Feature Request form ... https://www.adobe.com/go/wish

(They never respond to postings, but all filed reports are collated and distributed to all relevant managerial types, so they are seen.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a post in here somewhere about wanting paragraph styles but I'd settle for leading that only affected intra-paragraph lines rather than also changing the paragraph spacing. My theory is it really isn't affecting paragraph spacing but there's something hinky with the paragraph breaks so that they're all more like manual line breaks so the leading is, in fact, only affecting lines but all the lines are one big paragraph whether you press Enter/Return or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Premiere Pro 12.0 and I do not see anywhere to save text styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the EGP control panel, Edit mode, it's the "Master Styles" line. Create a new Master Style.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh. I hate video tutorials. I make them for a living but I would rather waste an hour searching for something I can read than sit through a 3-4 minute video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jotasprout @R Neil Haugen: I feel ya man. Auto-generated closed captions are your friend. Turn that sh*t on and your (tutorial-watching) life will never be the same again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a quick and easy way to handle this. I ran into an issue myself where I added subtitles for a 2 minute piece, but didn't tweak the settings for drop shadow/color/etc. until AFTER I created them all (like a dummy).

What I found in CC2019, was that within the Essential Graphics panel there is a "Master Styles" section, and I was able to save a style there. It produced a Master Styles item in Project Folder.

I was then able to select all the text layers in my timeline, then I simple dragged the style from project bin and held down the Option key (mac) and dropped it on any of the text layers. Voila, the same treatment applied to all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, you rock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it was helpful! Go make some cool stuff!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very Much For Sharing This Trick My friend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The real answer, thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the correct answer, I do not know why the other answer is marked as correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so the way this works in CC2022 is... there's a "Styles" panel where you save your presets.

I frequently mix styles and even fonts in the same graphics layer. For instance, one style for the role or crew position and a different one for the name.

When I highlight a header and apply a Styles preset... it changes THE ENTIRE &$^@#?! LAYER TO THAT STYLE.

Am I doing something wrong/in need of a clue? Because if this is truly how it works... wow. In PS you can do this with Character Styles, it changes only the highlighted text to a given style.

The occasional lack of UI consistency between Premiere and AE/PS is more than a little frustrating. For instance, it's 2022 and I still can't double-click on a keyframe in Premiere to change the value. This has been a feature since forever in AE and it's great. But... that's a post for a different thread 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

rynato,

> When I highlight a header and apply a Styles preset... it changes THE ENTIRE &$^@#?! LAYER TO THAT STYLE.

.... Am I doing something wrong/in need of a clue? 

There are some qualifiers, but you have it. If you put more than one LAYER in a graphics item, you can apply different styles to each layer. But a style applies to all within each layer.

This is an old thread, that started before PR 2021-22. The new Captions workflow is very different, but there, a caption Track Style applies to an entire caption track, even if there are multiple text blocks within a caption segment.

The good news is that this is an area that they have made changes to recently. I'll try to remember to identify feature requests that can be upvoted. Anyone have a favorite?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines