Highlighted

CPU Spikes

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe editors. 

My computer has been running premiere for a year very well. To the point where I didn't understand all the hype about Adobe underperforming and crashing. 

Then one week ago, out of  nowhere every time I put a file into my timeline, timeline goes red and CPU spikes to a hundred. Nothing has changed, and I am fully updated with current cloud updates.

The footage is a 5mb MP4.

Playback causes a spike to 3,000mb memory usage & redlines the timeline as soon as 1 Clip is added.

What could have caused this sudden change and does anyone have experience with fixing it? Is a full reinstall required?

Please respond with any ideas because I'm open to anything.

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CPU Spikes

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe editors. 

My computer has been running premiere for a year very well. To the point where I didn't understand all the hype about Adobe underperforming and crashing. 

Then one week ago, out of  nowhere every time I put a file into my timeline, timeline goes red and CPU spikes to a hundred. Nothing has changed, and I am fully updated with current cloud updates.

The footage is a 5mb MP4.

Playback causes a spike to 3,000mb memory usage & redlines the timeline as soon as 1 Clip is added.

What could have caused this sudden change and does anyone have experience with fixing it? Is a full reinstall required?

Please respond with any ideas because I'm open to anything.

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the classic case of a corrupt project.

• Go to your back ups. No back ups? Go to your Auto Save folder.
  • No usable Auto Saves? Go to your Creative Cloud folder and look for an Auto Save there.
  • If you have nothing to work with:
    • In the future, may I suggest a more robust back up plan for your project files - especially those files that grow larger and larger and get saved across version over version.
    • Most people back up and duplicate in 3 places at least once per day. That has saved me over the years.
    • If you have large projects that are inherently subject to the rigors of being large and complex, look into the new feature called "Productions" where portions of your project are broken up into smaller chunks.

There is one last option to try and that is to create a brand new project and import that legacy project into the new one. That can often "rewire" your project file well enough to open it and continue working.

If I am remiss in diagnosing your issue, I apologize. This is usually the case with the symptoms you've described.

Let me know if any of these suggestions worked. Hope to help you!

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines