• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crackling with joint clips

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to v14.5 and suddenly have massive issues of distorted/crackling audio when clips are side-by-side; like a bad crackling microphone. I have to move them apart and keep about 10 frames between the clips to get it to stop. The footage audio itself is fine, it's only when I create the cuts and place them next to each other. Tried using constant power to fade, tried a new sequence. Same thing. Any clue what's causing this? Never had this issue before.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tlwessel,

Sorry to hear about this. Have you tried clearing cache and checked if it's working properly? Also, is this happening with any specific project or all the projects? 

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I had exactly the same issue after updating, even trying to add a "constant gain" audio transition makes it like an untuned radio...

Thank you for providing some workaround!

Gabriele

p.s.

I did clear the cache as you suggested but didn't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried clearing cache multiple times. Seemed to affect all projects (I had gone back to a previous project I knew was good and it was suddenly doing it on that one, too). I ended up just reinstalling the the most previous version and the issue was fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks tlwessel!

I hate to revert 😞 hope someone will comeup with a less radical solution but I'm pretty sure last update broke something pretty badly...

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@legab What happens if you create a brand new project in Premiere Pro 14.5 and go to File > Import and import the project file of the project you have issues with?

Sometimes importing projects into a new project solves some issues when upgrading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Averdahlthank you for your suggestion, unfortunately it doesn't move the needle.

For example in a join where there's no audio problem, if I add a constant gain transition this will introduce a slight "white noise" during the transition itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hvae the same issue seems like yet again adobe introduce bug in their software update. I hope this gets fix in the next release asap. It makes working with 14.5 impossible since we cannot be sure of the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines