• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash on MXF export when stepping over old file.

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro v15.1.0 (build 48)

Window 10 Pro-64-bit (10.0, Build 19042)

Export - DNxHR/DNxHD MXF OP1a - 1080p DNxHD HQx 10-bit

I can export the first time, no problems. If I make a change in the timeline (doesn't matter the change), re-export replacing the previous export file (stepping over the old file), the export seems successful but Premiere hangs on Droverlord.exe then fully crashes without saving and thus losing all changes since last save.

Thoughts?

TOPICS
Crash , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overwriting a file is not a very good workflow.

Use the build-in naming feature that Premiere gives you. You can change the name afterward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ann,

Thank you for your input. However, your advice is a little like telling a doctor your arm hurts when you move it up and the doctor responding, "Don't move your arm up." In delivering broadcast commercials, my file names are specific ISCI identifiers which have accompaning traffic instructions which reference the file name specifically.

I should've been a little more specific with the description of my issue. a) I've been able to do this in previous versions of Premiere b) I'm currently able to do this with other file formats (i.e. mp4) just specifically unable to do this in MXF only c) After Effects is able to step over files without issue.

It seems to be specificaly a Premiere Pro / MXF issue. I was hoping to get more technical insight as to why this is happening, especially since it used to work and still works with other file formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines