Copied

My Premiere Pro keeps crashing

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

It has been noted that the errors happen on systems that have control surfaces attatched or support installed. I have an Avid artist fader bank, a ripple grading surface and palette gear attached so I am so not going to use these versions

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, mine too.

The worst is crash without any warning. It's a nightmare!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Ryan,

Can we have more info on this? Need to know full details on your system and media please.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Mac 2020 i7 

128 gb ram

version 10.15.7

AMD Raeon Pro 5500 8gb

Premiere 14.7 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 min into working of project. either wheel of death or no warning at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you test with a brand new project? Did you try any troubleshooting yet, like emptying media cache and trashing prefs? Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes me too. When I create a new layer, the program freezes. I can't work because of this bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

Running on new Mac Mini M1 with Big Sur - when I go to click on older sequences in my project the program quits out.

Things I have tried:

1. Updated all plugins from BorisFX (Mocha, BCC, SA)

2. Reset premiere prefs

3. Reset workspace prefs

4. Deleted and rest cache location

5. Created a new project file and copied the sequence into it

6. Unlinked and relinked media

At a loss as to what else to try. Pulling my hair out as I can't go back and revise some previous sequences without crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its a crash when you drag a clip to make a  new layer or track. Or if  you try to deleta sequence or if you try to adjust some parameters in Sequence settings... Then you are with the rest of us unable to use the 4.6 or 4.7 updates.  Roll back to 4.5 or earlier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it is when I try to delete a sequence, but it is mainly when I got to another bin and simply click on a sequence that had been closed. Will try rolling back and see if that helps.

Thanks,
Gar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested the same project on my laptop running 14.7 and no issues. Strange - rolling back to 14.5 on the desktop to see if that helps and will report back.

Gar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been noted that the errors happen on systems that have control surfaces attatched or support installed. I have an Avid artist fader bank, a ripple grading surface and palette gear attached so I am so not going to use these versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw your post after I posted my update. I do have a wacom tablet connected and a Steam Deck. Will check to see that those drivers are up to date.

-Gar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not the drivers. It something about having something a control surface added in the preferences - control surface section

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C,

Yes, it is a known issue with control surfaces. Sorry about that. It's being fixed now. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theres a lot of us having ssues with 14.6 and 14,7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gar,

Control surface issue is a bug. You'll have to either unplug the devices or move back to an earlier version of Premiere Pro. Sorry.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No dice so it must be something that differs between the two systems or something to do with Big Sur / M1 chip vs. my Intel laptop. If I find a fix I will report back - otherwise, I am baffled why it works on one device and not the other.

Gar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is you were hitting the 14.6 bug around custom workspaces and "floating" panels. The bug was fixed in 14.7. The control surfaces bug was introduced in 14.7. That is what is probably going on there.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried resetting the workspaces as noted above. I have also rolled back to 14.5 but still having issues. Will try and unplug the Wacom and Stream Deck next.

Gar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - Unplugging the Wacom, Stream Deck and PreSonos Studio did not work - even on 14.5 - I thought it may also be the networked SNS EVO drive, but I also accessed the same drive with the laptop so I don't think it is that.

Gar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems as well. 14.5 it was ok other then. When I cick off the main window I loes half of my hotkeys. They said it was fixed but I am still having the same problem in 14.7. Also I've noticed if I do color grad after I do any type of speed up of video the color lum scope no longer works. What is this a bad beta joke or some thing? I feel like adobe should have not droped the last 2 updates they are not making it any better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I have that same problem. Whenever the Mackie protocol is active PP 14.7 keeps crashing. Actually it happened with 14.6 as well. I'd hoped they woulld have fixed that by now but alas not. Rolling back to 14.4 which was truly yhe last version devoid of anny issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops forogt to mention my system specs for the good people of Adobe.

Mac Po (2019) 3,2 Ghz 16 Core
96 GB RAM

AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6

I hope this helps with fixing this. Freeze likes to occur when working in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14.4 seems to be the safest option. Its appaling  how bad this applictaion has become. I'm  starting to look elsewhere or maybe even reverting to Avid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines