• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash when opening any projects

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere 14.7, and 14.5 on a MacPro trashcan running Catalina and now Big Sur crashes when opening any projects...  Big, small, old or new.  Disk permissions have been repaired.  I've reinstalled Premiere, deleted preferences, removed plugins, prayed to demon gods, removed ram, reinstalled OS, removed peripherals, replaced cables, turned off icloud, deleted fonts, prayed again to demon gods and still Premiere locks up when opening a project.  Plug the drives into my 2014 MacBook Pro and everything works fine.  Go back to the trashcan and it crashes every bloody time.  Yes I have given Premiere disk access in Security and Privacy.  Yes, I've tried disabling Mercury Transport.  Yes I have deleted cache files.  I've run as metal, software only and yes I have prayed to demon gods.  

The nature of my work is that I'm constantly jumping between projects, going back to something done months or years before.  A quick change here, and long session there.  I don't want any moral posturing about not updating the app or OS during a project because that's simply not how the world opperates.  I'm just really tired of this crap.  For years I was using Flame and Smoke for the bulk of our work.  It was expensive but it worked.  Adobe is about to push me back to Autodesk.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Brian,

since the yesterday update to Premiere 14.7. the program crashes immediately after start. Terrible! I have contacted the support by phone and recenty sent a report. If you like I can inform you if there is a solution.

Greetings, Henning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that would be wonderful.  

I have to think it's a disk permissions error but I don't know where.  The fact that the same RAID works fine when connected to a laptop running the same version of Premiere, OS, plugins, etc but doesn't work on my trashcan is the puzzling thing.  I can create a new project and it works fine until I save, quit and try to reload the project.  I'm stumped.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Henning -

I just went back to Premiere 14.4 and projects open properly.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Okay. I will try this. Thank you Brian.

Greetings, Henning

Please  turn off your signature block when replying with email. MOD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I were the moderator, I would be more concerned with providing my clients with answers to their problems rather than chastising them for how they choose to use a forum they pay to use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines