• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash while Building in Encore CS6

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i have CS6 on Windows 10 with an I7 8th gen processor, 8gb of ram and a radeon 350 (oem) graphics card.

I have been using encore for 1 blu ray and it worked. i recently tried to build my latest project and it was building right through the end where it just stopped and then closed encore. ive been trying to find the project that was built but i couldnt find it.

Please help 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a windows search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already searched for the file and i could not find it, i also see that i did not lose any gigabytes to the file, so it must not have been built 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it crashed, I doubt you have a usuable disk image/folder. If you were transcoding files as part of the build, they will be in the main Encore project folders.

What were you building to: image or folders?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was building it to folders, but i tried building it to an image too, i tried DVD image and that worked. so i think the problem lies with it being blu ray 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>have been using encore for 1 blu ray and it worked

I will presume that means that you do know that to create a blu ray with Encore you MUST use Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions (also, as far as I know, to create a dual layer DVD)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did not know about the administrator part, i am going to try that out right now, thanks in advance 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John's note is important.

If you were building to a Bluray folder, Encore creates a temporary folder ("BDMV") in the location you specify with a "temp" folder in it. Eventually that temp folder has all the build in it. Once Encore finishes the build, it renames/replaces/moves the files so the top level folder is the name you specified. 

I was testing with using the "cancel" button to see what was created. On my final test, I interrupted Encore's renaming, and the file contents worked. So you can try to find that temporary "BDMV" and see if the BDMV inside it works.

If John's suggestion does not do the trick, you can try posting a screenshot of the Encore flowchart. Also be sure to check the Check Project button in the Build panel. Many errors are missed by this, but sometimes it identifies one that is helpful.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported it when i was Administrator, Didn't work unfortunateltily heres what my flowchart looks like 

Flowchart 1.PNGflowchart 2.PNGFlowchart 3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also i did an error check and there were no errors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many buttons do you have on one menu: cannot have more then 32.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a chapter selection with 23 buttons, but those did work when i built it as a DVD instead of a blu ray 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the footage SD or HD.

Are you frameserving from Premiere or do you have the files already encoded and loaded them into Encore.

Is this a DVD menu your are trying to burn into a Bluray?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's HD and i already exported it from premiere pro as an MT2S file with chapters added in them.

and im not burning a dvd menu into a blu ray, this menu is self made via photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure when exporting from Premiere the multiplexer is off.

Best is to use separate video and audio files.

My experience with Encore is when it does not work I start with a new project.

I do reuse the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah i do use seperate Audio and Video Files, i will check on the multiplexer thing and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify... right click the program icon and select Run as Administrator, which is NOT the same thing as running the computer with a Windows Administrator account, and which fixes several "odd" problems... To create a two layer DVD or a BluRay, you MUST have Encore set to use the Run as Administrator option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah i did that but that didn't work either 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Also what the build button looks like, i hope i didn't do something weird here 

Build Selection.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of drive is X.

Make sure you use an internal drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

X is my internal built in drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried removing the chapter selection, and it still did not work 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ill try to reinstall encore, see if that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would start with a new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second what Ann said. When project starts to crash it can take days to forever to solve the problem and many times it cannot even be solved. It´s just a waste of time trying to fix those projects.

Creating a new project is the way to go with Encore. If you have created the menues in Encore you can export them and re-use them again. And, when rebuilding the project you have already done all planning so the time it takes will be much shorter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines