Highlighted

CRASHING ON EXPORT 14.5.0 (BUILD 51)

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PP continues to crash every time I attempt to export my media.  Especially when saving down to 1920x1080 from 4K. It will begin to encode, make some measure of progress (sometimes 20 minutes worth) and then crash and restart the Mac.  I have attempted to export without audio (to see if it is the audio side of the writing that is causing the problem) and it still crashes. 

I have a time-sensitive project (of course) that I cannot complete because of this, so I am beggin Adobe to please give me a solution. 

TOPICS
Crash, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CRASHING ON EXPORT 14.5.0 (BUILD 51)

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PP continues to crash every time I attempt to export my media.  Especially when saving down to 1920x1080 from 4K. It will begin to encode, make some measure of progress (sometimes 20 minutes worth) and then crash and restart the Mac.  I have attempted to export without audio (to see if it is the audio side of the writing that is causing the problem) and it still crashes. 

I have a time-sensitive project (of course) that I cannot complete because of this, so I am beggin Adobe to please give me a solution. 

TOPICS
Crash, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, also exacerbated by exporting down to 1080p30 from 4k30.

PP 14.5
Windows 10

i7 8700k

32GB ram

Gigabyte 2070 super

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not been working in v14.5 yet, but have had similar issues recently in 14.3 & 14.4, particluarly when rendering (with effects applied) to h.264. My workaraound was to first export a ProRes422 master - which in my case was stable and crash free as the CPU takes the ProRes encoding load, then create h.264 encodes from the ProRes master using Media Encoder. Or try switching to the Software rendering engine which generally tends to be more stable but slower.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, blacksheepdigital for your suggestion! I will give that a try! Blessings!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0