Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing on launch

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

One of our users is having a problem with launching Premiere Pro, specifically, whenever they open the application they're presented with the 'Loading Premiere', and then it just closes without any error message/error code being returned. 

Weirdly enough, this seems to be related to the user's Windows 10 user profile as I'm able to open it fine when I sign in. I've tried the following:

1. Checked our AV.
  2. Removed/Renamed the file that's usually under 'AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Essential Sound'.
  3. Downgraded to a version below, v14.3.1 to v14.3.

In regards to point 3

After doing this, the user was getting the following message  'Directory access error. Please make sure your user directory isn't locked.' when attempting to run.

I checked the permissions under Program Files/Adobe and made sure the user had 'Full Control' over each file. However, even after doing this, they were still getting the same message. So, I ruled out downgrading as not an option as there seems to be another issue possibly separate from the one above.

If I could get some assistance on this, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about this. Have you tried the steps mentioned in this article and checked if it's helping?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines