• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing when cursor hits imported media in library

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import is working but as soon as the cursor goes over a clip, the small preview starts, then crashes instantly. Is there a solution?

(small preview on the left on the screenshot)

crash.PNG

System:

Windows 10

64 bit

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU 

16 GB RAM

NVIDIA GProzessor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 MHz, 6 Kern(e), 12 logische(r) Prozessor(en)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there have been problems with the nvidia drivers.  do some searching here to find out how to update (or rollback) the driver.

and tell us the properties of your source clips.  mediainfo does a pretty good job of teasing these out

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my nvidia driver but it is still crashing.

The clips I use are Sony A7 III clips:

H.264

3840x2160p

29.97 fps

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be a 'rollback' of the driver is needed not 'updated'. It appears to be secret, but can you say what is the driver version.

Also, if you need to get past that one screen to keep working, try setting the project panel to List Mode and then using the source monitor to locate edit points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your tipps.

I made that rollback now of the graphics driver and restarted the device. My version now is 26.21.14.3198

I tried to set the project panel to list, that works but when I drop the video into the timeline it crashes instantly. Does not matter which way I do that, in all different cases I tried, it crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never easy to diagnose stuff from a distance...  Do you have any source media that's a different format and can you try importing it?  Try clearing your cache  preferences: media cache.  Can you transcode the files in adobe media encoder to a high quality format.  Not suggesting this will be necessary, but it's a useful troubleshooting step.   what's your preview format?   Has this material ever worked?  What version of premiere are you using?  If 2019, try installing 2020, if 2020 try installing 2019.  Make sure you do not delete previous version if you update to 2020.   Maybe try creating a new windows user account...   Please try these suggestions in a methodical systematic manner so we can cross things off the list.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

as I said in my previous post "Please try these suggestions in a methodical systematic manner so we can cross things off the list."   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok ... what's up with that media file?

Download the free utility app MediaInfo  and install. Then after you have that app's icon on your desktop, drag/drop that video file onto the MediaInfo icon.

MediaInfo will open, and go to the Tree View from the options in that app. Make a screen grab of the top and video sections, drag/drop that screen-grab onto your reply box text area so we can all see what the media file information is.

Should look like my image below.

Neil 

MediaInfo TreeView.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil

Thanks for your proposal.

Here I send you the screenshots of the MediaInfo App.

What do you think:

MediaInfo1.PNGMediaInfo2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to see this! I wonder if it's some type of permissions issue. When you launch Premiere, try right-clicking it and selecting "Run as Administrator"

Let us know if you still crash when accessing your media! 

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caroline.

Unfortunately it still does, but thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines