• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing with Premiere Pro 15.2

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WARNING!!! If you haven't done the latest update for Premeire, DON'T!!! I have had nothing but crash after crash with thi stupid update. And whats worse, when it freezes up, I have to restart my whole computer because otherwise it takes 10 minutes to shut down with the task manager. Everything worked FINE 2 days ago!

Mod note: Updated title to your post.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update runs just fine here (except for nested audio...)

Do you just want to rant or do you want help and resolve your issue.

If latter: provide some info on computer, media used, workflow, screenshots etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I am rather frustrated. Yes, I will edit fine for about 10-30 minutes, then I get a barage of error messages, sometimes its says its a cache issue, or its a frame hold issue. I'll get one, then 30 seconds later another, then BOOM 10 errors and then everything freezes. Most times it won't shut down at all, and I have to restart the computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To help both troubleshoot and provide info for other users, what is your hardware/OS/ media involved? Effects used?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Dell laptop running Windows 10 Pro, brand new computer. Im editing 4k video at 29.94 frams/second. The errors I get are different each time. The most resecent one was while I was trying to export and I get an "Unspecified Drawing Error". The previous one I believe saide "Failure to Frame Buffer" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the laptop's specs are ... ? The video is what format/codec shot or captured by what?

Any 3rd party effects/plugins used? Heavy effects like morph/warp/Lumetri?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem.  Worked on a project all day yesterday, opened it this morning to continue and 5 min in - crash.  After at least 20 crashes, I was able to narrow the problem down to the audio.  It's a multi-cam sequence that crashes the PP each time the playback hits an particular audio edit.  My work around is to copy/paste the offending audio track at the end of the program, separate the audio clips and render them out separately as aif files.  I can then create a new sequence paste all the video from the original sequence and then import and sync the aif files.  It took me a long time to figure out a work-around and I have at least 20 "copy of a copy of a....." project files.  It's very baffleing as I've been working on this project non-stop since Mon with not a single crash, and then this morning.  Jeez, I spent all day just salvaging the work already done.

I'm running OS 10.14.6 with 64 GB ram, 3.5 GHz 6-core Xeon E5 with an AMD FirePro D300 2GB graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I've tried several fixes and nothing works. It takes out my whole computer. And using task manager to end the task won't fully shut down Premier and my computer essentially stops working. I can't even restart or shutdown my computer. I have to do a hard shutdown. I know I have plenty of space on my computer, but Premier just won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community, same problem here !

When I render or when I export (evene with render activated) Adobe will randomly crashes. It's quite a nightmare I have to say...

iMac : 3.7GHz Inter Core i5 6 Core - 40Go of Ram DDR4 - Radeon Pro 580x 8Go.  

Sequence is set in Apple Proress 422 25fps.

Footage are 1080p 50fps H265 .Mov, 1 Audio Dual Audio channel.

Never had an issue before that last update with those same specs (both Mac and Settings)...

I've tried changing the sequence, the frame rate... nothing would work. Any Help here ? Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: I had to replace my brand new laptop's motherboard in order to get it to perform the way it did before the latest update.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines