• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crawling Text effect broken for super long text

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently come across a problem with creating text crawls. The video I'm working on needs a botton text crawl that contains about 7000 to 10000 words, and it will take like 3-5 minutes to cycle through. I used the legacy title tool and pasted a loooong loooong string of text in, hit crawl left and start/end off screen, then dropped the title onto the timeline.

And it immediated starts to bog down the performance of premiere by a large chunck, but still managable at quarter res playback. But when I try to export the video, it completely freezes my computer. I tried both using media encoder and the export engine on premiere itself, none of them works. As soon as it hits the part with the text crawl it just freezes.

I then tried just using essential graphic, and realized that you can only move your X position to -35000 or so pixels, which is not even the hafl of the text length. That method failed to work either...

So here is the question, is there a better way to create text crawls on screen for super long texts? Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

might not be simple, but no reason why you can't break the text up to multiple clips.  If you created the files in photoshop, you'd just have to make the pixel dimensions and font size the same and shouldn't be too difficult to match the speed.  make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know breaking the chunk into small pieces is a solution but it's one that I don't want to fall back to so quickly... because I'm working on creating a template that the text could be easily changed on a daily basics. And the ones that does the actual change are not going to have sufficient skill to say.. break sentences into multiple sections with relatively similar length, then adjust the timing on the timeline and to maintain a constant crawl speed, and even if they don't screw up in the process, this will simply take so long each day... this is why I'm trying to get to a fool proof solution with one copy and one paste for everything to be working properly.. I'm even thinking about doing a mograph template that locks all the fonts and sizes, with just one input of the text...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd do some research on 3 party plug-ins or an application that would generate a quicktime file with an alphachannel.  I'm sure they exist...  Wouldn't surprise me if Avid has something that might work.   I just have the feeling that you're pushing the envelope in Premiere... bwdik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! That's what I thought as well.. already starting to look into third party plug-ins and other titling tools now:dog_face:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines