Highlighted

Create and Save Projects

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question for best practices and performance. I have a 180GB SSD drive for my C drive.

I also have a D and F drive which is where all my media lives, video, voice over, lower thirds, all my project media. When creating new Premiere Projects is it better to save them on the drives with their associated media or is it better to save them on the SSD even though the media being used will be on the separate drives?

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Create and Save Projects

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question for best practices and performance. I have a 180GB SSD drive for my C drive.

I also have a D and F drive which is where all my media lives, video, voice over, lower thirds, all my project media. When creating new Premiere Projects is it better to save them on the drives with their associated media or is it better to save them on the SSD even though the media being used will be on the separate drives?

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First important part is the cache files for Premiere, which for best working should be on an SSD where they are the only things being accessed during work within Premiere. This is the cache and media cache database files, audio pek files, and previews at times.

Then having the project files on with the media can work if the drives are recent fast SSDs.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, I will give this a try! The C Drive is the only SSD. The others are standard drives.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would leave it as is.

The cache files are best on a ssd but as it is your c drive (and not big enough as dedicated video drive) I would move the cache files to one of the other drives.

See how that goes. Make sure you delete the cache files on a regular basis.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Yes I use my other 2 drives as the video storage since the SSD is fast but it is not big at all.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines