Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

create proxy audio snafu

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I shoot on a sony fs7 which creates 8 channels of audio. When I ingest my footage into premiere everything is fine with all audio channels being seperate. However when I create proxies in premiere all audio channels are jammed into audio channel one. That's eight channels of audio on one audio channel, super frustrating. How do I fix this problem?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Built in Ingest presets or one of your own? Which did you use and did you create the proxies by right-clicking on clips and choosing 'Create Proxies'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used a custom created proxy with watermark and the built in create proxies provided, the results are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it impossible to make proxies from fs7 material and is my wont, I spent a great deal of time trying to solve the issue without any succes using the create proxy workflow from within premiere.  .  I never had more than 1 or 2 channels of audio on the files so I just used AME to transcode to my proxy format with 2 channels of audio.  I then unlinked the camera original and relinked to the "proxy" format files I'd exported.  When I was finished editing, I just relinked to the camera original.  Not as elegant as the built in proxy workflow, but worked just fine.  I imagine you could create a format with a proxy format like quicktime prores proxy or prores lt with 8 channels of audio if you need all 8 channels and use my workflow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and always test your workflow for one or 2 files before spending alot of time doing major transcoding...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems like a workable sollution. It's to bad that we have to do the extra steps but editing with proxies is definately the way to go...thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure we can blame adobe for this.  there may be something proprietary that Sony's has used.   Have always wondered if there's a way to set up the camera so there are only 2 audio tracks but not sure if it would make a difference.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to create a custom ingest preset using Media Encoder. Check this gif I created to show you how to do that.

CustomProxy.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tutorial, I wish I could pause and rewind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Save the gif and drop in Premiere for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines