• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Transcript: Transribe button greyed out

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if there is a log file on mac that can identify the reason Premiere Pro transcription is unable to connect to the service? I've uninstalled and reinstalled CC and Premiere Pro 15.1 and I'm unable to create a transcription. I'm experiencing the same problem with Premiere Pro Beta.

Jeffrey_Goldberg_0-1619811599665.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

The transcription service is not generally available - it is still in essence a beta process. I think staff want problems with it posted in the beta forum. The beta is public, so I'm not suggesting a problem with posting here. Just pointing to the Beta forum as the better place to troubleshoot this.

In a different post, you state "I recently switched to a different account as well from my own that was part of beta to a corporate account. However, I believe the transcription capability is now g

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is the transcribe button at the bottom right unavailable?  

Just doing a test with a 2 minute sequence to see if there are any issues that I've forgotten.  took maybe 3 minutes or so...  

I'm not seeing the circle to the left of the cancel button where your cursor is placed.  

just to check, are any of your sources from a screen capture or recorded on a smartphone?   variable frame rate material can cause all sorts of unpredictable problems.  Maybe this is a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, just reread the subject line.  so I guess the transcribe button is greyed out...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen recording. Rendered 4K 30 fps QuickTime

Running on Mac 16” intel with Big Sur 11.2.

I’ll try rendering out my raw file to mp4 and see if it changes. Perhaps something to do with audio encoding?

The exclamation hover says unable to contact server. Is there a debug log I can generate or something?

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it's a screen recording, it's probably variable frame rate.  Here's how to confirm and fix it.  

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and if it does fix it, please let us know.  One more thing to blame on vfr...  one of those things that can cause all sorts of weird problems...  that are impossible to predict

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI, I did a test of a short VFR recording. No problem.

Also, I doubt that there is any test of the audio prior to this dialog popping up. It is only there that  you tell it what audio source to look at.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now tried just an audio file with no video and it will not transcribe because of the can't connect to service.

Does anyone know if there is a way to debug network traffic to see where it's not connecting on mac?

Jeffrey_Goldberg_0-1619889242057.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you running from a project or media stored on the cloud?   Kind of looks that way from your screen grab.  Worth a shot, trying from a local project using media stored locally...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

local file, still same problem.

Jeffrey_Goldberg_0-1619892867802.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

isn't onedrive cloudbased storage?  seeing that at the top of your premiere window.  I'm just throwing ideas out.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is, however, my working directories are local. So it's used purely for backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I will add that it has worked in the past with my current configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's never easy to troubleshoot from a distance.  Why not just save your project locally and see if that makes a difference.  Might take a minute or 2.  Everyonce in a while, a longshot solves the problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to local files. Same issue.

2021-05-02_10-54-20.193.png

Still a problem. Still a problem if I close all adobe related processes from activity monitor, disconnect from vpn and on and on.

Is there a domain or ip range for adobe sensei services? I've searched and had no luck. I've tried to open a case with Adobe support and they told me to use community. This is impacting my workflow as this capability is probably the greatest time saver in my video backlog.

Appreciate all the help @Michael Grenadier . What's the best way to get Adobe to look at this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm no expert on reporting issues to adobe.  Have a few more ideas...  wondering if this could be a firewall issue.  You might try creating new system user account with administrator privileges and see if that makes a difference.   

And gotta say this is a kick butt feature thats saving me hours on a current project.  

Hey. Do you want to send me the audio file and I'll see if I can do the transcription on my system?  Just send me a direct message by clicking on my username at the top of this post.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The transcription service is not generally available - it is still in essence a beta process. I think staff want problems with it posted in the beta forum. The beta is public, so I'm not suggesting a problem with posting here. Just pointing to the Beta forum as the better place to troubleshoot this.

In a different post, you state "I recently switched to a different account as well from my own that was part of beta to a corporate account. However, I believe the transcription capability is now generally available."

Since the capability is only available to those who have applied and been granted access, was the transcription access granted to the previous account, or to your current one? I don't think that should be the problem, since not having access should mean that you will not even see the Transcipt tab.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's going to cost me $53/month even though my company pays for it, but when I re-subbed and used my personal account that was accepted to the transcribe beta...BOOM!

Jeffrey_Goldberg_0-1619976582389.png

Now I do remember receiving a message that this was available in 15.0 (GA) and this is indeed 15.1 GA and the capability is now live. 

So the desriable user experience I'd like to see is if you don't have access to the capability  1) it shouldn't appear in the interface and 2) the information icon should say something like: "click here for possible reasons why" and send you to a blog with the additional details.

Thanks @Stan Jones for the clarification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it working.

I believe it should work in a similar way to what you describe: but if you don't have access, it simply isn't there (no Transcript tab). It was not announced as a new feature in 15.1. I believe it is still beta.

Totally a guess on my part, but I wonder if, since you got access on your installation when subscribed to an account that was given access, the installation shows the tab, but fails ("can't connect") when you actually try to use it.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources