Creating 1080P 60 fps sequence

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I want to create a new sequence and go in the presets, I can never find 1080p 60 fps. I have to use a work-around like drag a 60fps clip to the 'new item' button. They have 24p and 30p but no 60? How hard can it be?? Thanks people!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I typically recommend starting a sequence based on the source media, but it depends on the workflow. I work with different media a lot so it's good to have that shortcut to make sure the settings are exact.  

Many of those presets are pretty outdated, based on camera or common deliverable outputs. I would still think of 60fps as high framerate and although it's definitely becoming more common now, it hasn't always been a common deliverable. All that being said, you can just create your own custom sequence preset and never need to worry about them again. After you tweak the settings, choose Save Preset

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Phillip,

Not sure how to do a custom preset. I look through all the available options like HDV 1030P 30fps and then try to change the Timebase to 60 fps and it doesn't let me do it. Adobe updates this software all the time for all kinds of silly things and something basic like this should be easier to do. Many people are going to 60 fps now for added sharpness and to reduce motion blur in moving scenes and also to slo-mo it properly in a 60 fps sequence. Can you help me with the procedure?

Regards!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AVCHD has 1080p60 but a preset is just a preset.

Dragging a clip into the New Item icon is not a workaround but just another way to create a sequence.

Screenshot shows how to make custom preset.

afbeelding.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip - I just found the 'Custom' at the very top!!  🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, there you go. Custom is what you want rather than being bound by the rules of a what a camera's settings are.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pierre,

Yeah, it's a bit hidden, isn't it?

In addition to Ann's screenshot, here's your chance to change any settings for your video preview files for your preset, as well (if you want). They can be set in an advantageous way, depending on your workflow. For example, the default is fine if you never use previews in your export strategy. If you do, then you do want to change the codec and frame size to one that supports smart rendering.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines