• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a nested sequence without audio

Participant ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that includes several nested sequences of graphics and images without audio.  However, when I drop them in the timeline, an audio track is created. With regular clips you can simply modify them and change the number of audio channels to 0. However, while that option seems to exist for sequences, it will not allow you to use the 0 option. If I type in 0, it reverts back to 1.

Modify sequence.PNG

I tried creating a new sequence and changing the properties, but it forces me to have at least 1 audio track.

Capture.PNG

I can of course insert the sequences and then unlink the audio, but it would be much nicer not to have to do this. Is it possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

If you dont have the audio track sourced you wont add the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you dont have the audio track sourced you wont add the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, of course! (He says, planting his palm firmly on his forehead).  Thank you for reminding me!  I've been staring at this way too long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there!

By opening the sequence in the source monitor you can handle it pretty much like any other video/audio clip:

1. Right click on the sequence in the project bin window
  2. Chose "Open in source monitor" from the scroll down menu
  3. Set in/out points
  4. Drag and drop the clip on the timeline
    (choose video only or audio only by drag-dropping from the standard icons underneath the monitor screen)

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines