Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a reusable element for my films

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

My question is: if I create a little title sequence, with video, musich, sound effects, graphics, etc, and want to use it multiple times, is there a way to save that seqence so it can be brought up again in another project?

Or do I have to export that as a finished .mp4 file and then just use that rendered/exported video file?

What happens to quality, if file is rendered out at full HD, but then brought back into a new project and goes through the render/export process again.

Will the quality of that file degrade being rendered out twice? What's the protocol here?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Just import the project into your new project and select the sequence. That way you will have the sequence of the other project within your new project and thus you will not degrade the quality because it is still the original edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just import the project into your new project and select the sequence. That way you will have the sequence of the other project within your new project and thus you will not degrade the quality because it is still the original edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this makes sense, I tried it and it works. Of course you are now linking to files that most likely are stored in different places, but is ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep the sequence and then you can nest it in another sequence (just drag and drop the sequence into another sequence)

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand, you are talking about within one single project? 

I am talking about a sequence from one project, being re used for another - a title sequence for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not just a single project.

You can have multiple projects open at the same time and nest a sequence from one project into a sequence from another project.

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was you won't need to export anything.

Also, when you nest a sequence, if this sequence changes it will update where you nested it automatically. 🙂

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah great, I understand and tried it out. Great! Didn't realise I could have multiple projects open at the same time.

Thanks very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pleasure to help! 😉

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines