• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a sub clip for a larger project

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I made a sub clip with graphics, a still image and a VO as a separate project to insert into the main project as a complete clip. I'm using Premiere Pro CS4, there is the option for making a subclip by right clicking the clip in the preview pane and when I did, I have NO idea where it goes or is it saved or what to do with it (a raw clip).

I even exported it but don't know what format to use, though I did lieave it for exporting to YT settings, it plays, but the screen is green, no images, once imported into main project.

I tried to Save As, no go.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this so it can work in the main project, thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm understanding this correctly, it sounds like you're trying to rebuild or copy parts of one Premiere Pro CS4 project to another, correct? Unfortunately, CS4 doesn't let you have more than one project open at a time. 

I wonder, does CS4 Premiere Pro let you import another Premiere Pro project into it? For example, with one project open, can you drag/drop the other project from the Finder/Explorer to your Project Panel? I don't have Create Suite available anymore to see if that works that far back on those versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, I am in the middle of making a project on how making turkey stock is not difficult and wanted to build a sub clip for said project that involved graphics, a screenshot clip of another channel's video (using print screen via photoshop) and a VO I created using soundbooth. I then closed out the main project itself, created a new project and began to build a new sequence for the sub clip.

Once built, I then needed to render, save, export.

I was on the right track on that, but didn't know what format to export to, in the end, I went with uncompressed AVI, setting at 1920/1080 (1080/30 (29,97 drop frame) and it rendered out fine and exported into the main stock project and worked like a charm. This way, I can just drop it into the timeline as is and continue editing. Yes, I could build it within the same time line but felt this may be easier to do.

Not as seamless as the Creative Cloud versions but doable.

All this while I waited to hear back from y'all. BTW, H.264 is what is used for YT, but for some reason it does not play right once exported and then imported back into Premiere and another project, but uncompressed AVI did play fine.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
To clarify, I am in the middle of making a project on how making turkey stock is not difficult and wanted to build a sub clip for said project that involved graphics, a screenshot clip of another channel's video (using print screen via photoshop) and a VO I created using soundbooth. I then closed out the main project itself, created a new project and began to build a new sequence for the sub clip.

Once built, I then needed to render, save, export.

I was on the right track on that, but didn't know what format to export to, in the end, I went with uncompressed AVI, setting at 1920/1080 (1080/30 (29.97 drop frame) and it rendered out fine and exported into the main stock project and worked like a charm.  This way, I can just drop it into the timeline as is and continue editing. Yes, I could build it within the same time line but felt this may be easier to do.

Not as seamless as the Creative Cloud versions but doable.

All this while I waited to hear back from y'all. BTW, H.264 is what is used for YT, but for some reason it does not play right once exported and then imported back into Premiere and another project, but uncompressed AVI did play fine.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as why your export is green, does it do that in other export settings, such as QuickTime? It sounds like exporting to H.264 is causing problems. I wonder if it is H.264, or if it does that for all file types and codes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines