Creating best-possible quality GIFs ..?

Contributor ,
Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, GIF newbie here..

I need to convert my video to a high quality GIF (FYI I know high quality GIFs are possible because I've seen them before). 

After trying a dozen different online converters (including non-free ones), I managed to find one with reasonable image quality output (ezgif.com), but it only allows output at 10 FPS (I need at least 20 FPS). 

I then tried exporting from Premiere Pro using the "animated GIF" option, but the image output was crummy no matter what settings I chose..

Does anybody have any advice/suggestions?  thnx!

Source vs. ezgif.com vs. Premiere Pro:

vs.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screen shot of your export settings like this example below:

Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 3.48.09 PM.png

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
dmiraie AUTHOR
Contributor ,
Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

premiere export.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know very little about GIFs but I would think a 60fps gif will tax any browser it plays back in.

If you change the frame rate to 20, does it look better?

Where are you seeing the problem? In the animation or artifacts in the images themselves?

When you convert video to a GIF, the GIF has a much restricted color range, and some source colors will be converted to nearest web equivalents.

Hopefully a GIF expert will pop in.

MTD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
dmiraie AUTHOR
Contributor ,
Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try different frame rates and got identical results, ugly grainy artifacts..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dmiraie! Did you ever figure out a way to get better quality GIF exports from Premiere? My results look the same as yours. 

Thanks! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not op but these settings worked great for me and solved my problem, thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines