Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating DVD Menus in 2020

Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I would like to create a DVD menu for vacation movies for example. So we can easily jump to scenes. I have read that it's possible via an old Premiere version which is not available anymore. I don't necessarily need to burn them.

Any ideas? If that's not possible nowadays anymore, any suggestions? Perhaps doing it like seasons and episodes. Each year or vacation is a season which contains multiple episodes 😂. The pro for this would be smaller projects and faster exporting though.

Thanks for your response in advance.

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

TMPGEnc  Authoring Works 6 is $99.  Cyberlink Power2Go 13 is $48.99.  The only difference is TMPGEnc has more options for creating menus.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No such product from Adobe after CS6 was cancelled as part of a cloud subscription

Windows only Encore alternative http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/taw6.htm44l

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It looks pretty interesting and I like that one can add multiple videos. As it's hobby only I will go first with separate videos. If that turns out not to be sufficient for me I still can buy it and create a movie from it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Encore CS6 is no longer available.  Cyberlink Power2Go 13 allows you to burn dvd or blu-ray discs.  They have a trial version available for the PC only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TMPGEnc  Authoring Works 6 is $99.  Cyberlink Power2Go 13 is $48.99.  The only difference is TMPGEnc has more options for creating menus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. TMPGEnc does look neat and would be my choice due to the higher amount of options As it's hobby I will first go with creating separate videos. Maybe later I will buy an additional software to create a menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6 reincodes the videos for DVD or Blu-ray.  However, there is no noticeable difference in the video quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it were me, I would export from Pr using a lossless codec wrapped in an .avi file. Then feed that AVI file to TMPGEnc. Only one generational loss there and, to any discerning eyes that might view it, a better final product. YMMV. 😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines