• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating multiple blur areas

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm attempting to create multiple area blur effects in a short video (blurring areas of text and some visuals). The first blurred area works fine using the Gaussian control.

However, when I add a second blurred area further along the timeline, it adds the original blur effect as well. I've ensured the keyframe has ended on the original, but it still appears when I add the second area in a different part of the video.  It's most likely something very simple but I've spent ages trying to sort it.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Had a quick test of your workflow and see the same problem. Not sure the cause but a quick solution is to cut the clip after the first blur has ended. Remove the original blur, reapply a new instance of Gaussian blur and apply as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a quick test of your workflow and see the same problem. Not sure the cause but a quick solution is to cut the clip after the first blur has ended. Remove the original blur, reapply a new instance of Gaussian blur and apply as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes, I was going to try that. A bit of a pain to the workflow. I'm sure I didn't have this problem before the last few updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm running latest Premiere Pro and I'm pretty sure it worked OK previously too ... but the last job I did that required multiple tracked blurs (a rental car with the company name plastered on the doors, bonnet, windscreen AND Roof) was way back in 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines