Highlighted

Creation Date in Premiere doesn't match real Creation Date

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, the Creation Date in Premiere doesn't match the Creation Date in the folder. Premiere is showing the "Modification Date" as if it were the "Creation Date". It's REALLY important for me because I'm editing a travel documentary shot with multiple cameras on the same location. I'm attaching the screenshot from Premiere and from the folder in Finder (mac).

Is there any way to correct this? Maybe change the metadata in Premiere? Update in Premiere?

Please help!

Premiere sais "Nov 25..." (the modification date in Finder)Premiere sais "Nov 25..." (the modification date in Finder)Finder sais "Oct 25..."Finder sais "Oct 25..."

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creation Date in Premiere doesn't match real Creation Date

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, the Creation Date in Premiere doesn't match the Creation Date in the folder. Premiere is showing the "Modification Date" as if it were the "Creation Date". It's REALLY important for me because I'm editing a travel documentary shot with multiple cameras on the same location. I'm attaching the screenshot from Premiere and from the folder in Finder (mac).

Is there any way to correct this? Maybe change the metadata in Premiere? Update in Premiere?

Please help!

Premiere sais "Nov 25..." (the modification date in Finder)Premiere sais "Nov 25..." (the modification date in Finder)Finder sais "Oct 25..."Finder sais "Oct 25..."

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 20, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, still haven't found a solution though

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use windows and there's a program called 'renamer' I use. Basically I put what I shot into computer in a temp directory daily ( end of day and work shooting ). I then use renamer and append text to the filenames that identify the scenes and takes that day ( a range is OK cause at least you know where they are ).

Like, bmpcc 000-001  braw becomes ' 10-20-20-51-52'.... something I recognize as the date range of scenes shot APPENDED to the filename. Simple for me cause I'm a dope and need to organize stuff.

I do that at the end of the source filename so I don't mess up the sorting process of computer.

Otherwise you have to get a script supervisor ( continuity ) and or start writing stuff down on paper as you shoot.  The main thing is to organize stuff and keep track of where stuff is, so you can keep editing without being lost in a forest of disparate clips.

: )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Salvo,

Love the idea, but Premiere should do this correctly. Let me drill down a bit. Hope you are well, sir!

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ion,

Sorry for the frustration. My key projects are all travel based, as well, so I do know that this is troublesome. I have some questions for you:

1. What version of Premiere Pro is this?
  2. Have you deleted media cache from Preferences > Media Cache after choosing File > Close All Projects?
  3. Which cameras are you using?
  4. Was this working as expected in previous versions?
  5. Does this work as expected in a new blank project? 

I hope we can help you out. If not, let's get a bug filed, OK?

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there Kevin,

1. I have the version 14.0.0, and I tend to update everytime it sais there's un update.

2. I've deleted the All Cache Files as you wrote after reading your post, re-opened the project, and it loaded the dates just as before.

3. The cameras used were a GoPro Hero 6 Black, and a Panasonic GH5. Previously, using Final Cut X with for my projects with the same cameras, I never had this issue.

4. I've never done such a major project previously, and I've recently (to the date of the post) started to use Premiere. It's been 8 months since, and this issue repeats itself in every project.

5. No, it happens in every project I open.

I'd love to be as much assistance as I can to help you help us, and correct this issue.

Thank you,

Ion

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0