• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop Preset - Mask Duplication Issue

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a crop preset to be added to a Legacy Title to give it a 'typewriter' effect. To achieve this I have used two masks.

I have saved the preset multiple times, yet whenever I add it to a Legacy Title, it duplicates one of the masks at random and I always have to delete the duplicate in order to alter the keyframes where necessary. Not having any luck on how to fix this.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi harrisona58473517,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Is this happening only when applying the preset to a Legacy Title or is it doing the same when applied to the other media types? Also, let us know the version of Premiere Pro that you are using. We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

This happens when I apply this to both a Legacy Title and all other media types.

I am using Premiere Pro v14.0.0

Thanks,

Jack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sumeet Kumar Choubey,

Adobe stated they had been able to replicate the track matte bug back in 2014 but it is still there. I have the same problem using the EGP.

https://youtu.be/LiXEhP8TH7c  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That ancient Legacy Titler is going for the long drop some time. Any reason you can't do this with the EGP? I would advise moving over as when Legacy goes buh-bye, you won't have to rebuild.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not too familiar with EGP. I've just tried adding a basic title through EGP and adding the custom preset to it and ended up with the same result. I'll look more into EGP and what options best suits what I'm trying to do.

Are there any EGP presets templates that make text reveal from left to right?

Thanks,

Jack. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can actually make the text come on letter by letter just by animating the 'source text' parameter in Effect Controls with the Essential Graphics text.

PhillipJoseph_0-1594697667516.png

The Essential Graphics Panel also allows you to browse through motion graphics templates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont use the mask feature from the crop effect but use it from opacity.

Mask and crop dont go together very well.

Please do NOT add images via the "attach files" box, as you are then forcing everyone to DOWNLOAD the file to view it outside their browser. Drag/drop the image files directly ONTO your reply box so other users can see them without needing to download unknown strange files.
Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having a similar issue, where the masks in a gaussian blur preset are being duplicated. I'm using Premiere Pro 24.1.0 (Build 85) on Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma). For context, this work invovles hiding personal information that appears on-screen. Using presets, I can save, organize and re-use mask shapes across projects. It saves me a lot of time but this duplication issue is really annoying. 

Jennifer34981473ep1f_1-1706025655927.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines