• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cropped footage frame in Source Monitor

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the 4K footage used in HD sequence called from this sequence to the Source Monitor is cropped to the HD frame? It doesn't matter what zoom level I select. It's absolutely useless. Can I change it?

Premiere Pro CC Source Monitor crops Footage Frame.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

there is also Set to Framesize which scales with the original resolution.

I just want to recall effortlessly original footage in Source Monitor

then open from Project window and not the timeline (by double clicking) but select clip in timeline and hit F.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct if you use footage that does not fit the sequence and is opened from the timeline into the Source Monitor it assumes the scale its set to.

If you open clip from Project Window it looks correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Source Monitor should be real SOURCE MONITOR aside from sequence resolution, effects or any other settings. I know that I can use "Scale to Frame Size" but this way I loose 4K quality. I can use "Reveal in Project" and then "Open in Source Monitor" but this way IN, OUT and Play Head might be in other places. I just want to recall effortlessly original footage in Source Monitor. Furthermore what's the point of this cropping?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is also Set to Framesize which scales with the original resolution.

I just want to recall effortlessly original footage in Source Monitor

then open from Project window and not the timeline (by double clicking) but select clip in timeline and hit F.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Scale to Frame Size' doesn't change the way the Source Monitor shows original footage revealed directly from timeline.

Anyway 'Match Frame' solves my problem. Thank you very much!

The only disadvantage is that you cannot edit In and Out directly in Source Monitor, of course if there is enough place before and/or behind on the timeline. There are tones of other ways to do it. In my oppinion there should be an option to reveal footage directly from timeline without any scaling and cropping.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right

I can't see any use to that as it is right now

at it should give us the option to switch between source monitor view as a full-frame and cropped )and still I can't understand the values of the cropped view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is correct in describing the behavior - is it supposed to be that way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been driving me mad!

How are other user not complaing? It's unsable this way.

I mean when magnification is set to FIT, it should FIT. Doesn't matter what resolution it is. Its sooooo frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there ever been a simple answer to making the 4k footage fit the size of the Source Monitor? This thread is a lot of rambling for something that I'm sure is so simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this issue is extremely annoying. Please fix it Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not "solved"! The "correct answer" proposed by Ann Bens is a workaround that doesn't solve the root problem. This is a major bug. We need to be able to call up the instance of the clip that's actually on the timeline and make trim adjustments to that instance. And while we're doing that, we need to be able to see the full image! This is core NLE functionality, especialy as it's increasingly common to use mismatched source and timeline resolutions. The proposed solution (pressing F), calls up the project-level instance of the clip and any any changes you make to the In/Out markers won't actually affect the timeline clip you'd like to affect. Adobe, please fix this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone who cares about this, please add your voice to this post so we can get it fixed!

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/38603392-editing-4k-clip-on...

There is actually another thread on this forum too:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/editing-4k-clip-on-1080-sequence-in-source-m...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still so frustrating!  Haven't edited 4k for a while and now facing same issue.  It should show original scalling in the Source Window with in and out points.

3-years-later (Large).jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just faced this for the first time myself, and I've used Premiere for over a decade. Never needed to make a looping timelapse for a website depicting timelapse cityscapes, turns out you really need to eye up the Source frame with the tail end of your Program Monitor footage. Using 4K on an HD timeline so came across this as an issue and found this little corner of the Adobe world. Adobe! Adobe, are you out there? This is worth fixing, just read the posts here. Does anyone read the posts in the Adobe Support Community?Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 16.53.41.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 16.53.26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines