Cropped footage frame in Source Monitor

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the 4K footage used in HD sequence called from this sequence to the Source Monitor is cropped to the HD frame? It doesn't matter what zoom level I select. It's absolutely useless. Can I change it?

Premiere Pro CC Source Monitor crops Footage Frame.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 26, 2017
Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional , Jan 26, 2017
there is also Set to Framesize which scales with the original resolution.I just want to recall effortlessly original footage in Source Monitorthen open from Project window and not the timeline (by double clicking) but select clip in timeline and hit F.

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct if you use footage that does not fit the sequence and is opened from the timeline into the Source Monitor it assumes the scale its set to.

If you open clip from Project Window it looks correct.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Szpila AUTHOR
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Source Monitor should be real SOURCE MONITOR aside from sequence resolution, effects or any other settings. I know that I can use "Scale to Frame Size" but this way I loose 4K quality. I can use "Reveal in Project" and then "Open in Source Monitor" but this way IN, OUT and Play Head might be in other places. I just want to recall effortlessly original footage in Source Monitor. Furthermore what's the point of this cropping?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is also Set to Framesize which scales with the original resolution.

I just want to recall effortlessly original footage in Source Monitor

then open from Project window and not the timeline (by double clicking) but select clip in timeline and hit F.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Szpila AUTHOR
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Scale to Frame Size' doesn't change the way the Source Monitor shows original footage revealed directly from timeline.

Anyway 'Match Frame' solves my problem. Thank you very much!

The only disadvantage is that you cannot edit In and Out directly in Source Monitor, of course if there is enough place before and/or behind on the timeline. There are tones of other ways to do it. In my oppinion there should be an option to reveal footage directly from timeline without any scaling and cropping.

Thanks again!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right

I can't see any use to that as it is right now

at it should give us the option to switch between source monitor view as a full-frame and cropped )and still I can't understand the values of the cropped view

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been driving me mad!

How are other user not complaing? It's unsable this way.

I mean when magnification is set to FIT, it should FIT. Doesn't matter what resolution it is. Its sooooo frustrating.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines