CS6: Hidden Footage

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you drag in the ends of a clip and render the sequence, is the rendered file larger because of the parts of the clip that are hidden?

[title edited by mod]

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.
To the Premiere Pro forum. If this is not the correct forum plaese reply with the name of the Adobe program your question is about.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inside of Sequence Settings

Sequence Settings.png

You'll see an area called Video Previews. This is the file format and codec that you're creating when you render your media in the timeline. It's encoding a video to these specs and storing that on your hard drive. If you're working with very compressed media to begin with, it's easy for any rendered file or final encoding to be larger than the original. (It's always good to start with the highest quality media possible.)

Video Previews.png

Note that if you want to change these settings and you can't, you may need to set the editing mode to Custom at the top.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if I'm not explaining myself very well, but the settings dialog isn't a dialog. I can't change the encoding, size or create a custom format. It's gray. It's dead. It's thrown off the motal coil. 

Is there any possiblity of getting an upgrade for the program? It's CS6 and I got it in 2012. That may resurrect it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No its not hidden, just not being used.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to have a sequence active in the timeline to access Sequence Settings. And if you can't change the Video Previews you can change the editing mode to Custom at the top.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines