• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Not Importing files from my JVC (GY-HM150)

Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having issues importing video files into Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 from my JVC video camera (GY-HM150). The HD output on this camera is in MPEG-2 and I tried filming in both Quicktime & MP4 formats, but neither could be imported by Premiere. My computer is a PC with Windows 7. Even though the clips play on my PC's video player, when I tried importing it as an MP4, it comes up with the error "The file has no audio or video streams" and when I tried importing it as Quicktime, it says, 'Codec missing or unavailable'.

Would be very grateful if someone could solve this for me.

I was told by support that I could have answers directed to my email: [personal email removed by moderator, this is a public web forum]

Thank-you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MP4 and MOVE are wrappers, what is inside YOUR wrapper - Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are editing?

Report back with the codec details of your file, use the programs below... A screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing - For Windows Internet Explorer press the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard, and then do CTRL-V to paste the screen print from the clipboard into a forum message

Free programs to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download POST IN TREE VIEW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-you so much John for replying.

Ok so i was able to pull up codec info from the MOV file. Here's a print screen of the window.

And below here is a print screen of the codec info i pulled for the MP4 file.

With this information, are we able to figure out now how to resolve the issue of importing the files?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use your camera, or that codec, so the only thing I can suggest is trying to convert to a different code with something like https://handbrake.fr/ open source transcoder/converter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you got QT installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines