• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6: UNWANTED SPLIT SCREEN AND COLOR PROBLEMS

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a film project with Premiere Pro CS6 and I am having a problem importing a couple of CGI animation clips. The problem is that every time I import these particular clips they playback with what looks like a split screen effect with the colors incorrect  (blues look more like purple, etc...). There is a black, diagonal line splitting the screen into two different screens (of the same image). These clips look like they are being played on an old VCR with the tracking way off.

The strange thing is that when I open these particular clips in the folder they are stored in and click "Play" the clips play perfectly fine with no split screen or color problems? As soon as I import them into my project and display them in the Source Monitor or in the Timeline they have the split screen and color problems?

I tried right clicking on these clips while they are in the clip bin and then going into the Interpret Footage feature but nothing seems to help using this feature? I think I tried everything with the Interpret Footage feature, but maybe there is something I missed.

I have many, many other similar animation clips that I have used for this project and have had no issues at all with displaying them correctly. Some of these other clips were even created by the same animator as the ones with the split screen/color problems and they have no issues? I cannot figure out why these two particular clips do not import and display correctly?

Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance for any help.

Michael

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Creative Suites forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Run them them through Handbrake.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resave them from the program you made them in and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

I do not have the program that these animation clips were originally created in so I cannot do as you suggest. I paid someone else to create these clips and they are no longer in business.

I do have the original CD with these clips that the animator sent me. I did open this CD and imported the clips into another folder on my computer. I then imported the clips into my project but the problem still exists.

I cannot figure out why these clips play perfectly fine when I open them in the folder where they are stored but as soon as I import them into my project I get this unwanted split screen image with incorrect color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run them them through Handbrake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved! I ran the files through Handbrake as you suggested and now they are displaying properly in my project. I set the output to .mp4 and that did the trick.

Thank you so much Ann for your help. You are awesome!

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I had a similar problem. It seems using the Open CL codec at the time of open the project in premiere pro was causing a similar issue. I changed it to CUDA and it solved the problem. so don't have to go through handbrake to solve the issue. Give it a shot and see if that works as an alternative

Annotation 2020-03-07 141317.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP is using CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is Handbrake?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to use handbrake any specific ways to use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wtfisthis.JPGwhat is this I dont know how to use handbrake pls send a video I tried it and this still happends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines