CS6: voice desync while importing media file

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have captured video file from mobile, if I play it on VLC its playig correct, but when I am importing it into Premiere Pro CS6 voice is desynced and I need to manually unlink voice from video and put a pause of 0.12 sec. I have tried different settings but no luck, Any solution?

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely, your video has is VFR (Variable Frame Rate). Try this: In the Project panel right click on clip / modify / interpret footage... In Assume this frame rate set 30 fps, or 60 fps, see doing tests unless you know exactly with the framerate you recorded.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that this file is VFR, when I open this file in VLC its playing correctly, only while importing it into Premiere Pro it become like this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VLC is a player, Premiere is an editing program: big difference.

Please use MediaInfo and post outcome in treeview here on forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you tried the suggestions we gave you?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried and many different solutions but nothing work for me. So I am asuming that I have to manually sync audio every time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just emphasizing what others have said here. Variable Framerate will play normally in VLC but not in editing software. So don't gauge the fact that it plays in VLC as to how it's going to be handled in Premiere. See Ann's comment about Handbrake.

More info on VFR here: https://www.reddit.com/r/VideoEditing/wiki/faq/vfr

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just post the mediainfo request.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to fix this is to run the file through Handbrake and convert to constant framerate before bringing it into CS6.

Converting videos with Handbrake - YouTube

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines