• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cuda acceleration with Nvidia GXT 960M

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new laptop and I noticed that I can't have the cuda acceleration with my graphic card.

Can anyone tell me why, and if is there the possibility to have the cuda acceleration in the future?

Will it be supported in the future for the GTX 960M?

If not, what do you suggest me? I can still give back the laptop and change it.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

I have a laptop with a 960M and CUDA acceleration is working for me.  I am using the 375.70 NVidia drivers and Windows 10.

It is probable the laptop has two graphics cards (nVidia and Intel) and Premiere is using the Intel not the nVidia.  You can check this by opening the NVidia control panel and going to "manage 3D settings.  On the global settings tab it should give you the option of "auto-select", "high performance nVidia" and "integrated graphics".  I have mine set to "high performance nVidi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC2017

Does it work with older versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peppinog,

What is the VRAM of the GTX 960M card? The minimum requirement is 1024MB.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The vram is 4000MB

Should it work? I mean: is the Nvidia GTX 960M supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a laptop with a 960M and CUDA acceleration is working for me.  I am using the 375.70 NVidia drivers and Windows 10.

It is probable the laptop has two graphics cards (nVidia and Intel) and Premiere is using the Intel not the nVidia.  You can check this by opening the NVidia control panel and going to "manage 3D settings.  On the global settings tab it should give you the option of "auto-select", "high performance nVidia" and "integrated graphics".  I have mine set to "high performance nVidia".  With this setting all programs will use the NVidia card and not the Intel.  If you just want to get Premiere to use the NVidia you can got to the second tab, "program settings" and choose the graphics card used for just Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your instructions, David! This was exactly the problem I had too and I'm glad I found the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gotcha...tks, David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines