• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Currently Active Premiere CS3

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I still have the old hard drive with an active Adobe Premiere CS 3.  However I want to up grade to a larger dive for the OS.  Does anyone know where the activation file is located in the program files, that I can

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 is a dead product that may not be activated

Your best option is to CLONE the drive using a product that will 'expand' what you have to fit a new drive... and it must be a program that captures the hidden registration file(s)

The product I bought and use is at http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-linux.htm
Note that I get NO benefit if you buy the program, I only use it and like what it does
Version 3 allows restoring to a larger drive and expanding the partition to fit
Image runs off of a bootable CD via Linux (the Zip you download includes a program to make the bootable CD) and it reads EVERYTHING on the drive, even the hidden registration information, so everything is restored when needed... and you may not only restore the image over a messed up install, you may restore to a brand new drive in case of a hardware crash, and not have to re-install anything (my version 2x DOES require me to restore to a same size drive... I think the current 3x Image program allows restoring to a larger/smaller drive, but check with the vendor to verify)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John,  Thank you very much for your reply.  I was hoping to start off with a fresh (Clean) OS hard drive, clean up all the unnecessary junk that has accumalated over the years.  But it appears the best solution is cloning.   There are methods to override the "Trail period' for Adobe on Utube.   That just makes me believe that Adobe knows where the key or file is, that will simply continue my activation....But they would rather sell the new product and not be bothered messin around with old stuff.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines