Cursor issue on timeline

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody experienced an offset in their cursor/playhead position on the timeline? It's annoying when snapping new files, trimming, or making cuts, the blue vertical line doesn't line up to where the cursor location is (see pic). Is there a fix for this? I had no luck with a search. Thanks!

23167883_10211748777489557_4345762636189608850_n.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are zoomed all the way in on the timeline. The little blue line off the playhead is indicating the frame you are working on.

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 6.35.38 AM.png

The frame is the smallest unit of video. You can't edit video between frames. If you need to move the playhead with more precision, you can switch the timeline by clicking the drop down menu next to the sequence name in the timeline and selecting Show Audio Units, but you will still only be able to edit video on the frame.

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Twelve9 AUTHOR
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand all of that. But the issue is the blue line on the timeline doesn't match up to the playhead, which is should and it has. I am not sure if there is a shortcut I mistakenly pressed that made this happen.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows or Mac?

Premiere Version Number?

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Twelve9 AUTHOR
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

PP 2018 v12.0.0 build 224

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a windows person, so you'll have to wait for someone with windows experience to reply - having said that I seem to recall seeing posts that say this issue (on windows) was caused by video card driver issues - either the driver was too old or too new.

I'd wait until one of the windows experts posts.

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Twelve9 AUTHOR
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help regardless.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not appear this way for me on Windows 10 Pro (1703) using a GTX1070 with driver version 388.13.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure out what the blue triangle next to the playhead is called? And how to fix this issue? Or is it not an issue.

I've noticed at times that when I make a cut my cut doesnt allign properly with my playhead...and I always thought this tiny offset was the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines