Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asus VivoBook Pro 15 N580VD-E4392T

256GB SSD+1TB HDD

Intel Core i7-7700HQ

GeForce GTX 1050

16 GB RAM

My hardware shouldn't be a problem, but when I open Premiere pro (or Illustrator) my cursor just keeps on loading(the round icon that appears next to the cursor) and flickering. I can't click anything. The flickering causes the "File" window to close as soon as I press it. I have used the programs before but since the 2020 version it just doesn't work. After Effects and Character Animator seem to be working just fine.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long does this occur for? Seconds? Minutes?

I haven't heard of this issue before and this is a long shot but can you check if you have any Windows scaling going on?

Press your Windows key and type "Display" then press return

Image 2.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply! 

Unfortunately the scaling doesn't seem to be the issue. The video displays what actually happens when I open a project.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that it doesn't stop. It just keeps on glitching.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting preferences? Or reinstalling Premiere?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that multiple times because I saw it in other community posts but that doesn't seem to do the job.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have any other programs running at the same time?  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
KalylNoryn AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I don't, except for my antivirus. I've turned it off to check if it's the GPU, but it's not. I do notice in Task Manager there are a lot of background programs running from Adobe itself, but I don't think that's it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines