• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

custom bin in effects missing in premiere

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched through the forums and have not found answers to this. Where does my favorites folder disappear to in my premiere effects?? I did not update my mac or premiere. They were here last night and I opened it this morning and they are gone. This has happened several times in the last few months. This is so frustrating as it keeps wasting my time and disrupting my workflow!!! Yes I've restarted the software. Yes, I've restarted my computer. I've literally made no changes but premiere keeps losing my folder and presets.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Ok so after weeks of digging into this issue and hours of communicating with customer service, screen sharing, and running tests, the solution was actually quite simple. Ironically, this answer seems not to be found anywhere else. If you have a mac and your settings are set to send files up to the cloud when storage is low, make sure to check your Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro folder for the cloud icon. My imported presets and custom bins kept disappearing randomly because my mac was sending cert

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so after weeks of digging into this issue and hours of communicating with customer service, screen sharing, and running tests, the solution was actually quite simple. Ironically, this answer seems not to be found anywhere else. If you have a mac and your settings are set to send files up to the cloud when storage is low, make sure to check your Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro folder for the cloud icon. My imported presets and custom bins kept disappearing randomly because my mac was sending certain files up to the cloud to clear space on my computer and I didn't realize it. Turns out it had nothing to do with premiere or any updates!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gosh, had the same problem and couldn't find the answer ANYWHERE. Thanks for the question and updating the forum with your fix, HUGE HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it could help you! It was so frustrating for so long!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have been plauged with this issue for years, I create a custom FAVORITES bin in the effects panel and it disappears when there are updates. I am not seeing an actual solution in your answer? I am not seeing a cloud icon in the folder you mentioned so what do I actual do to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a mac and in your finder you see a cloud icon (like in this screenshot) in the folder mentioned above, you just click on that to bring the files back down from the cloud. Restart premiere and the folder will return within your effects panel. If you don't have the cloud icon in your finder under that folder then this is not your problem. You may have to do other digging into your preferences within premiere regarding update settings.Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 1.09.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any cloud icons like that. I'll keep digging for answers. Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pc with no cloud backup and am experiencing the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here with Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines