• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Motion Graphic Templates are blurry

Explorer ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a long post regarding this issue but accidentally deleted my post. So I'm gonna keep it short this time.

My custom MOGRT files are now blurry in real time playback after the Premiere 13.1.x update.

I have even tried making a new very simple MOGRT from the latest After Effects (even with two different machines) with just one text layer and the problem still occurs.

Playback and paused resolution are both set to high, and also HQ playback. If I render the timeline without Maximum Render Quality turned on then the rendered graphics also tend to get blurry or jittery.

We mainly work in Soy XDCAM HD422 1080 PAL, but this has been tested on many different sequence configurations.

This has been tested on four different machines, all with different specs and OS and they all give the same results.

This was NOT the case before 13.1.x.  The playback is always blurry now.

Here are examples with and without the blur (maybe watch in full screen):  Frame.io

Has anybody else experienced this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add using "Software only" gives the same results.  Also the four machines I tested this on all had different GPUs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what format are you exporting to?

are you exporting from Media Encoder or Premiere Pro?

is there any way you can share your mogrts? maybe pm me to take a look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I just go through the "Export Motion Graphics Template" within the Essential Graphics Tab in After Effects.

Here is the example MOGRT I made (the same thing happens with all my MOGRT I make with AE)

WeTransfer

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay i'm taking a look

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*New note.

This seems to have something to do with "High Quality Playback" turned ON when you render the timeline. (Weird I know)

Problem seems to only occur when Maximum Render Quality is turned OFF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im trying to reproduce your problem, no issues for me

tried with maximum render quality on export, tried with high playback res on when rendering...

tried exporting to 8 bits and 16 bits from after effects, and with software only and metal from after...

the only issue i noticed is before rendering, when enlarging the program monitor, sometimes it

looks fine, then it gets fuzzy, but after render and export, no issues at all...

Im exporting to H.264 match source high quality and the sequence is full HD 1920x1080

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im exporting with use maximum render quality turned OFF, no issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try the mogrt that I exported from After Effects please:

Dropbox - new export.mogrt - Simplify your life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again.

I tried your .mogrt and it's the same results, and the real-time playback is still blurry.

Example: Frame.io

I should note I'm using smart rendering and previews when exporting for time saving.  (The Preview files are also XDCAM HD50 pal wich I am exporting to).

Thanks for your help.  I can work around this so this is not a game breaker for me at the moment, but just an inconvenience .

This is hopefully something Adobe will fix in the future.

Again, thanks a lot for experimenting with this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT:

Sent the wrong Frame.io link.

Here is the correct one:  Frame.io

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you contact Adobe Care so that they have remote access over your machine

to try to reach out as close as possible to what's happening... I guess there is some issue

with your system specs, or so... They will definitely reach out for something... This issue

really needs remote access to check in detail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will do that.

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

welcome and let us know hoe it goes please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos

This does not seem to be an isolated incident on the new upgrade. My team are experiencing similar problems since upgrading. We have about 22 workstations running Premiere. During playback or parking on a frame the mogrt text becomes blurry.  Rendered previews go in and out of blurriness like I've put a rack focus on them. The final render (XDcam HD422 1080 PAL with smart rendering on) seems fine, but having graphics go blurry and having faith the end result will be fine, is no way to work. We make extensive use of custom build .mogrts and our workflow is such that we cannot check each and every export.

The problem also seems to go away when previews are rendered at maximum quality.

These mogrts were created After Effects 16 (but pre 16.1). Our timelines are Sony XDcam HD422 1080 PAL.

All workstations are on Windows 10, Geforce 1080TI, plenty of RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SkyCory.

I got in touch with Adobe Care and tried to get help through remote control (He didn't find a solution). But I got the feeling it was treated like a non issue since I had the workaround to turn off HQ playback and use Maximum rendering.

We have pretty powerful rigs at my team, and like your team we use custom .mogrts as text overlay for 99% of our projects (rebuilt them all with AE 16.1.1, still the same problem) so it kinda sucks not being able to show clients full quality playback without rendering.

Most of our workstations have different specs (Macs and PCs) and they all have this issue, so this is definitely not a hardware problem.

Hope they address this in the next patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sikosyn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get a resolution to this ? I am having the very same issue, tried all sorts but can not find a configuration where the problem doesn't persists. Thanks...James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, but realized the mogrt was created in AE full HD while the premiere timeline is 4K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Posting additions out here in 2022 for anyone else experiencing these issues.

I'm finding that if there's a mismatch (so frame rate, resolution, etc.) of your Mogrt to the timeline, the issue will present itself but ALSO be an issue within renders if, say you have a 4k Mogrt that's been placed in a 1080 timeline (both the real time playback AND the exports are now soft).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines