• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customized workspace layout bugs (dual monitor)?

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I customized a layout and saved it as new workspace.

Then I saved the project and close it and open it . The layout is as same as I expected.

However, if I close the project , I create (New) a project and the layout is not as expected.

The layout I expected is the Project panel is float on the second monitor on the left:

Pr 2019 layout editing3.png

but it's still on the main monitor as picture shows below whenever I start with a new project:

Pr 2019 layout.png

I'm using the latest Pr CC 2019

I'm using the latest Windows10 build

There's no such problem while I was working with CC2018, although it's different pc.

Anyone knows how to resolve it ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the option set to for importing layouts to new projects?

That may have changed between versions.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's checked by default.  Even I unchecked it, the result is same.

also reply to Jeff Bugbee

I saved the layout. New a project , it loads the the workspace . Even I load other one and load it back , it's still the same.

I've tested it . There's a bug that I can't only drag the project panel to the second monitor .

I need to drag the effects panel along with the project panel.Then the layout is saved.

Pr 2019 layout editing3-2.png

Otherwise the project panel is always grouped with effects panel on the main monitor every time I start a whole new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same issue in PP 2020 ... for some strange reason the Effects panel does NOT want to be separated from the Project panel regardless of my saved workspace and/or projects.  It's a 50/50 unfortunately, sometimes it works correctly sometimes it doesn't ... posted my thread here: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/saved-workspace-layout-not-restoring-correctly-3-monitor...

There doesn't seem to be any conclusion to this issue and it remains present in 2020.

Cheers, Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you load Window - Workspaces - Your Work Space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever get any solution for this?  I've inquired and got ZERO response ... is that a direct contact line/phone/email?

Cheers, Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines