Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cut and paste clips from a sequence to another, via scripting

Contributor ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Like the subject says, is it possible? I would like to cut (or paste, but cut is preferred) some selected clips and paste them into another sequence, keeping all the properties (effects, keyframe, volume ecc).

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

You could try to match cut/paste partially by getting projectItem of selected clip, match in/out points and insert/overwrite it on another sequence's track. Then match intrinsic properties (motion, opacity, volume). Though there will be limitations, like no masks information, keyframes could only be set to linear (there is a bug in setInterpolationTypeAtKey() command).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try to match cut/paste partially by getting projectItem of selected clip, match in/out points and insert/overwrite it on another sequence's track. Then match intrinsic properties (motion, opacity, volume). Though there will be limitations, like no masks information, keyframes could only be set to linear (there is a bug in setInterpolationTypeAtKey() command).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ivan,

yeah, i was already thinking of doing so, but i was hoping there was a dedicated method 😞

Maybe is there a method for nesting? With some workaround, i could use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines