• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cut, Copy, Paste Window Shortcuts not working in essential graphics editor

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done this plenty of times, and now its not working for some reason.

I want to copy from another document and paste it into the essental graphics editor, PASTE won't work.

I want Select All (cntl-A) inside the editor box, but it does nothing!

Whats wrong??!!

TOPICS
Editing , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

That's what I am referring to.  NOTHING worked.  Ctrl-V, A, X or P.  

But I switched "views" and it seemed to fix itself, but it was very very strange and annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have copied data on the "clipboard" to paste, you need to simply paste the data/text into the graphics box. Ctrl-V.

So the whole process ... click in the box with text, Crtl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy ... click in the text box on the new graphic, Ctrl-V to paste.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I am referring to.  NOTHING worked.  Ctrl-V, A, X or P.  

But I switched "views" and it seemed to fix itself, but it was very very strange and annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are having an issue with "un-docked panels" ... and maybe that was the problem there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you help me? What do you mean by "views"? I am having the same problem in Essential Graphics. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I mean "Workspaces"   
I've found as a solution to when this happens, I switch to a different Workspace (Window>Workspaces) and then back to the workspace I was working with, and that seems to correct the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can also be solved in this way:
integrate the program window into the source window, then try to paste o select (ctrl V, Ctlr A, ...)
and, finally works, after that, put the window in its original place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THis worked for me. Was happily copying and PASTING essential graphics text blocks. Then Paste was greyed out! Like you advised switched workspaces; then returned to the essential graphics workspace and voila it worked! thakns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a common bug with the latest update. Check the link below on how to fix it.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-solve-issues-related-to-undocked-panels-in-pr...

Quick fix: Save you workspace, close all undocked panels, reset workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link is broken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's among the rotating announcements at the top of the page listing the Premiere threads ... here's a copy of it:

Undocked Panels.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines