Highlighted

Damaged Premiere Pro Prject File Will Not Open

Participant ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open a Project file I was working on last week. Premiere Pro will not open the file. I keep getting the error: "The project appears to be damaged, it cannot be opened".

I also get the same message for every auto save of the project i try to open.

I have also tried creating a new prepro project and importing the old one, but I get the same error message every time. 

Is there a way to fix the file?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Damaged Premiere Pro Prject File Will Not Open

Participant ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open a Project file I was working on last week. Premiere Pro will not open the file. I keep getting the error: "The project appears to be damaged, it cannot be opened".

I also get the same message for every auto save of the project i try to open.

I have also tried creating a new prepro project and importing the old one, but I get the same error message every time. 

Is there a way to fix the file?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You likely updated Premiere mid project. The only way to open it is to downgrade Premiere back to the version you were at I think.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
Participant ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I do not think I updated, but I may have. Is there a way to roll back one version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
Participant ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never could get the project to open again. I rolled back to the previous version and I still had the same problem. The auto save files were corrupted too. Not sure why. Other files on the drive worked fine. This has happened a few times in the past few months.

I had to go ahead and start the project from scratch

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
Ann Bens LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a habit of Save a Copy to another drive after each edit session.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 1