• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Damaging audio peaks while scrubbing and clicking through timeline

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While clicking and scrubbing through the timeline I have experienced extremely loud audio peaks that damage my speakers.  I went through three new MacBooks, and two pairs of nice headphones in about the last 4 months (thanks apple care).  These peaks not only damage speakers/headphones, but are very painful to my ears.  I see from reading through the forums that this was an issue a few years ago, but haven't seen anything recently so I'm starting a new discussion to hopefully find an answer.  Blowing my new pair of Bose ear buds was the last straw for me.  Specs below.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

2.9 GHz Intel Core i9

32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 560X 4096 MB

MacOS 10.14.1

Premiere pro version 13.0.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, can you post a copy of their Project for me to inspect?

Also, can you point out any other audio software that is installed or running in the background when you experience this?  iTunes or Audio Hijack or Twitch streaming in the background?

Also, were you playing when you added the audio effect, or had you just trimmed/moved a clip when you added the audio effect?

Any and all info would be very helpful.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

My screech-loop that blew my right speaker occurred when I was trying to record voice over in Premiere. It was a classic feed-back loop. Perhaps I missed that part of the manual that told me to mute my speakers before attempting to record VO in Premiere using my built-in mic.

I guess what I'm here for is some perspective. It seems that people on this and other threads have been listing all manner of audio tools in Premiere that have resulted in blown speakers. So maybe the problem really is Apple's sh*tty hardware. Or is it really the case, as I have heard one poster elsewhere say, that "no software should be able to damage hardware"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @gjetleyk,

I see that you are using a very old version of Premiere Pro but a new version of macOS. Is that so? Let us know. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines