• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default Keyboard Short cuts are completely missing from Premiere Pro 2020

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have trouble with Premiere Pro 2020. And have reinstalled it many times. I was assisted with a workspace issue and now I have no default shortcut key commands to use in Premiere Pro 2020.  No purple or green keys, just blank. I would have to enter hundreds of commands manually. I am a beginner. This would take forever. How do I get back the original set that comes with the Program. Please!

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Edit/Keyboard Shortcuts (Ctrl{cmd}-Alt-K) brings up the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog, but there are no options available from the drop-down menu at the top?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue last week (Maj 13 2020) at work where I installed the program fresh and I had none of the default shortcuts, and lost around 1 - 2 hours figuring out which ones I needed to finish the edit I had to finish the same day.

I'm right now creating a backup for the future, but this is also not that easy to do since there is no import option for just that, and I need to save long weird paths like, "C:\Users\[PC USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\17.0\aeks"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this a couple times. Just get them from someone else. DM me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the same problem right now. Figured out that the .kys file is located under specific locales for different languages. I recently installed a custom keyboard layout on my mac so i can use a windows keyboard. Turns out they are dependent and starting premiere with the default mac layout selected fixed the issue. Switching back to the custom layout after starting premiere seems not to be a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same issue!! Is there any solution? Entering those hundreds of commands is not an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No default keyboard shortcuts for operating the app?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. I open the keyboard shortcuts window and there's not a single command loaded, except for the ones I had to input manually. If I change between the default setups, nothing happens, it does not load anything. I checked my folders (I'm on Windows) and the corresponding files are there, but, for some reason the software is not recognising them (or I don't know what's really going on)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installing a later version first (like 2013), then upgrade.

I've only had the problem when installing a fresh version of the 2019 versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Mac or Windows?
If on Mac, do you have the default keyboard layout for mac and your country activated or do you use a custom one?
If you use a custom one, try switching to the default, then start the app and then switch back to your preffered layout. That worked just fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on Windows, but thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines