Highlighted

Default Keyboard Shortcuts Missing [MacOs]

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, 

I've installed a brand new copy of Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 (Version 14.3.0 Build 38) for the very first time in my Macbook Pro i7, running MacOS Catalina 10.15.5.

Long story short, when tried to edit a movie for the very first time, I've noticed that no shortcuts works whatsoever, not even a simple UNDO (CMD+Z).

Opened the Keyboard shortcuts panel, and found out there was none assigned to any of the default presets. The keys were all grayed out and no matter how much I tried to assign a new shortcut to anything, nothing happened.

Can anyone help please? Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Default Keyboard Shortcuts Missing [MacOs]

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, 

I've installed a brand new copy of Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 (Version 14.3.0 Build 38) for the very first time in my Macbook Pro i7, running MacOS Catalina 10.15.5.

Long story short, when tried to edit a movie for the very first time, I've noticed that no shortcuts works whatsoever, not even a simple UNDO (CMD+Z).

Opened the Keyboard shortcuts panel, and found out there was none assigned to any of the default presets. The keys were all grayed out and no matter how much I tried to assign a new shortcut to anything, nothing happened.

Can anyone help please? Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here... not a single shortcut assigned to the EDIT menu...

Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 16.25.19.png

And here's the keayboad shortcut panel (those keys turned blue cause I had to perform a print screen. They were all gray):

Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 16.03.55.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the upper left corner of the Keyboard Shortcuts Panel, for Keyboard Layout Preset, try re-selecting Default Keyboard Layout from the drop down menu and see if they restore.

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done that even before posting this message. Tried every preset available there. They're all empty. But thanks for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this will help: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, but, unfortunately, reseting the preferences didn't work. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have 2019 installed. If so might try to copy the default kbsc from 2019 (13) in Documents into 2020 (14). This might trigger the rest.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't have the 2019 installed. This is the first version ever installed in this computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only thing I can think off.

Deinstall

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

reboot

reinstall.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'll try that one later and I'll let you know if it fixed the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work as well... still have no shortcuts assigned and can't assign any. This is really frustrating.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Customer Care

as a last resort.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'll do that. Once again, thank you for your effort and attention. I'll let you all know it it ever get solved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 1
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wondering if maybe there's a permission issue for the location of the keyboard presets.  Here's where my 2020 keyboard settings live. /Users/michaelgrenadier 1/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/14.0/Profile-michaelgrenadierHS/Mac.  If you don't know how to check permissions, post back...

You might try creating a new user with administrator priveliges. : system preferences:  users and groups and log out and log in as the new user...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The permissions seems to be ok. I've noticed that my Mac folder is empty though. Seems we're getting somewhere here... I'll dig a little more. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I'm on a windows machine at the office but you might check your security settings.  I seem to remember some people have had issues where premiere needs access to things that you have to allow.   If you're still having problems later this afternoon (new york time), post back and I'll dig in to what needs to be done when I get home to my macbookpro.

You might also find it useful to install premiere 2019 on your system and see if you have keyboard shortcuts available there.  Just go to the creative cloud app and to the right of  premiere there's an option to install other versions..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got that right. The problem is user/profile related. I've created a new one, opened the app and, voila, the shortcuts were all there.

Tried to copy things from one user to another, but, it didn't help, so, I'm guessing the issue might be app permissions related, as you said.

I've spent the whole day with the Adobe Support, and they've instructed me to perform a clean install. This will take forever to install everything back but, hey, let's do it! lol

I'll keep eveyone updated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC_Ida,

Sounds like a corrupt user profile. Odd. I'll keep an eye out for this issue. Thanks for reporting.

Regards,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0